Now that Hattons baseboards are cancelled ......

Steve Stubbs

Another vote for Tim Horn here.

When I had a good look at them at a past Show I was so very impressed.

I have a pretty decent woodworking tools collection to make most things, but I did nearly buy a small board just for the quality of the thing!

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I've had good service and products from Grainge & Hodder.

Chris

I too can recommend Grainge and Hodder, nice laser cut ply parts and very responsive customer service. The current turn round on orders is a month, mine were ordered on 10th November and arrived on 11th December.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I bought from Model Rail Baseboards and have been extremely happy with the result.

TBH if they are manufactured well out of decent materials there isn’t much to go wrong.

One thing I would recommend is the recently released DCC concepts power alignment dowels, what a brilliant way to transfer power if your ever going to split/transport the board/layout.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

I bought from Model Rail Baseboards and have been extremely happy with the result.

TBH if they are manufactured well out of decent materials there isn’t much to go wrong.

One thing I would recommend is the recently released DCC concepts power alignment dowels, what a brilliant way to transfer power if your ever going to split/transport the board/layout.

Edit, one thing I will add is if your are going to need to split the board at some time consider using a manufacturer who will make custom sizes, I found with my layout I needed to specify different sizes to avoid point layout placement, which means you only have to disturb/align normal track pieces.

2 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Edit, one thing I will add is if your are going to need to split the board at some time consider using a manufacturer who will make custom sizes, I found with my layout I needed to specify different sizes to avoid point layout placement, which means you only have to disturb/align normal track pieces.

Grainge and Hodder do customisation. You're going to have to talk to them obviously.

• RMweb Premium

Recently got some custom boards from Grainge and Hodder - was about 12 weeks total but I think the normal standard range ships faster.

The three main suppliers recommended to me were Tim Horn, White Rose and Grainge and Hodder.