Jump to content

New Exclusive Product Announcement


Recommended Posts

Would have expected a bit more interest in this.  But then again B'mann have been talking about a new V2 for years.  Price seems a bit steep but it is what it is.  Personally,   having a G5, A2/3, W1, NER Railcar and J26 & J27 already on order, I can wait.  If an LNER Durham School had been on the list would have been tempting mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

Would have expected a bit more interest in this.  But then again B'mann have been talking about a new V2 for years.  Price seems a bit steep but it is what it is.  Personally,   having a G5, A2/3, W1, NER Railcar and J26 & J27 already on order, I can wait.  If an LNER Durham School had been on the list would have been tempting mind.

A tenner more than the standard model.

I would have thought that is quite reasonable for a low volume extra detailed version.

Bernard

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2020 at 05:26, Bernard Lamb said:

A tenner more than the standard model.

I would have thought that is quite reasonable for a low volume extra detailed version.

Bernard

200 quid for a locomotive appears expensive to me when over the past five years most of my locomotives have been bought from a certain place in Merseyside for around fifty quid.

 

If you think it is reasonable, then you will probably buy it.  I'm willing to wait and see.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bishdurham said:

200 quid for a locomotive appears expensive to me when over the past five years most of my locomotives have been bought from a certain place in Merseyside for around fifty quid.

 

If you think it is reasonable, then you will probably buy it.  I'm willing to wait and see.

200 quid might seem expensive, but when you take into account everything including shifting dollar rates (factories usually quote in USD), time invested into development and a lot of other factors, this reflects what is in all reality an accurate price. The recent Hornby W1s for example are 200 quid RRP, and the A2/2 and A2/3 190 quid RRP.

And just be thankful you don't model Australian. An equivalent locomotive would run well north of 450 quid down here.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bishdurham said:

200 quid for a locomotive appears expensive to me when over the past five years most of my locomotives have been bought from a certain place in Merseyside for around fifty quid.

 

If you think it is reasonable, then you will probably buy it.  I'm willing to wait and see.

 

Were those fifty nicker locomotives also V2s - or were they other classes?  New or used?  Intrigued.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 69843 said:

200 quid might seem expensive, but when you take into account everything including shifting dollar rates (factories usually quote in USD), time invested into development and a lot of other factors, this reflects what is in all reality an accurate price. The recent Hornby W1s for example are 200 quid RRP, and the A2/2 and A2/3 190 quid RRP.

And just be thankful you don't model Australian. An equivalent locomotive would run well north of 450 quid down here.

My mother stopped going to the butcher when a shoulder of pork cost more than 2'6.  It is part of getting old.  I have some Rapido items and the DCC Sound is over $325, make it a steam loco and the wrong side of $500!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

 

Were those fifty nicker locomotives also V2s - or were they other classes?  New or used?  Intrigued.

From what I remember, J15, J50 I don't think I paid much more for the K1, the 2EPB - Usually things that were over ordered and being sold off cheap.  Think the RR P2 was less than 80.  Sure not as fancy as the new V2 but good locomotives that work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

My mother stopped going to the butcher when a shoulder of pork cost more than 2'6.  It is part of getting old.  I have some Rapido items and the DCC Sound is over $325, make it a steam loco and the wrong side of $500!

It’s your money and your hobby at the end of the day. And if you’re happy with a second hand V2 for £(x) rather than ~£200 for a new one, that’s your call. The latest and greatest doesn’t always mean the best. 

 

And assuming that’s USD, a NSW C38 with sound is around $700USD. And nowhere near Rapido levels of quality!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 69843 said:

It’s your money and your hobby at the end of the day. And if you’re happy with a second hand V2 for £(x) rather than ~£200 for a new one, that’s your call. The latest and greatest doesn’t always mean the best. 

 

And assuming that’s USD, a NSW C38 with sound is around $700USD. And nowhere near Rapido levels of quality!

Exactly - my stud is an unashamed mix of top end high price (currently got the A2/3 and Precedent on order) and second hand where I’m happy with the tooling for about £100. And will continue to be. Horses for courses.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it time the title of this thread was changed to reflect what was announced on Friday ? ................... Rails might want to make another "New Exclusive Product Announcement" at some time in the future. ........... and it might be something that satisfies my interest once I've been dragged in - like an 'E' to follow the 'D' p'raps ? 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from Green Arrow itself, the namers, so far as I am aware, all had nameplates curved to suit splashers which weren’t there. To me, it always looked silly. I already have two models of Green Arrow, one a limited edition (!), so I shall content myself with a main range LNER one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...