Locomotion models announce exclusive 'Green Arrow' models of the Bachmann V2

AY Mod

Just watched video and unfortunately for my bank account I will be in for a LNER Locomotion Model, they look good and my other downfall is that it has appeared on the NYMR which my engine choice is loosely based :rolleyes:

Edited by Chilly

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Fortunately. (some might say unfortunately - it's my wallet that says fortunately) their route availability over the WR was somewhat restricted but it looks to be a very nicely done model and is a credit to everyone involved.  Bachmann are to be congratulated on the amount of detail variation they have been able to achieve.

Working “off piste” as it were,did they not work into Banbury via the GC ? They were IIRC loaned to the SR when the MN’s developed problems in the 1950’s 

2 hours ago, JohnR said:

I was going to say "Nothing in it for me"..... but then remembered the spring of 1953 when V2's came to the rescue of the Western Division of the Southern when the Bulleids were temporarily withdraw for axle problems.....

It might come down to whether or not the front steps are part of the body moulding or come in a separate parts bag. 60893, 60896, 60908, 60917, 60917 & 60928 were the locos involved in this transfer and all 6 had their front steps removed due to platform clearance issues. The cylinder drain pipes had to be attached to iron bars fashioned for the purpose.

• Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, davidw said:

TBH I have to agree. Sadly the valve gear and coupling rods look heavy and overscale. Weathering will tone this down but I was under the impression that it was a retool from the rails up. Valve gear looks lifted from earlier versions. I hold my hands up and do recognise that this is a pre-production  model.

Overall it does look good.

Price is way up there though!

A moulded Smokebox handle on a £220 model or not who knows,  moulded and seperate versions shown in the photos and the video , the Cab Windows also vary in size between the models , ok the models shown are pre production. The suprising thing is, a big release/publicity announcement  is made showing a pre production versions. They would have done better waiting ,and then showing what you will actually get for your money and when .

The Valve Gear does look toy like, as do the unlined wheels , it maybe the last upgraded old chassis the Locos are  sitting on, as the Expansion Link looks huge as it did on the previous version, ( I am presuming there is another chassis upgrade version coming) . Not helped by leaving the Motion Bracket in Silver.

Hornby have knocked the spots of this V2, with the forthcoming A2/2 and A2/3. At this rate they will be available first as well . How long has the V2 been coming now ?.

Edited by micklner
  • Agree 6

3 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Except for the hideous silver motion gear and wheel rims, that looks like a cracking model. I'm sure a lot of people are going to be happy.

The silver on the wheel rims and motion gear makes it look extremely crude and chunky, when it isn't so in reality. Looks Wrenn like. But the others look far better without that silver on it.

quite, Struck me too.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I have never seen a photo of that before; thanks.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Working “off piste” as it were,did they not work into Banbury via the GC ? They were IIRC loaned to the SR when the MN’s developed problems in the 1950’s 

https://mikemorant.smugmug.com/Trains-Railways-British-Isles/LNER-and-BRE-and-BRNE/LNER-post-grouping-locomotives/LNER-4-6-0s-and-prairies/i-gndVcT3/A

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tramshed said:

It might come down to whether or not the front steps are part of the body moulding or come in a separate parts bag. 60893, 60896, 60908, 60917, 60917 & 60928 were the locos involved in this transfer and all 6 had their front steps removed due to platform clearance issues. The cylinder drain pipes had to be attached to iron bars fashioned for the purpose.

https://mikemorant.smugmug.com/Trains-Railways-British-Isles/LNER-and-BRE-and-BRNE/LNER-post-grouping-locomotives/LNER-4-6-0s-and-prairies/i-qKTrQfP/A

4 hours ago, Locomotion No. 3 said:

The video link appears to have disappeared.

For those who missed it earlier it can be found here

https://youtu.be/TMf7gCRQN4M

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

I quite liked the background music on this video. You could almost hear "These were the locomotives that won the war.....". Does anyone know who produced the music?

Edited by JSpencer

1 hour ago, JSpencer said:

I quite liked the background music on this video. You could almost hear "These were the locomotives that won the war.....". Does anyone know who produced the music?

It sounds to me not unlike Nyman’s MGV (Musique a Grande Vitesse), intended to evoke trains closer to you than us stay-at-homes. Well worth getting hold of if you like the background music.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Regarding the issues that have been picked up, I recieved an email from Dennis late last night. How's that for customer service? :)

To quote;

Thank you for your email which has been passed on to me to respond to.

There are a small number of issues to be addressed and we as a team are working alongside Bachmann to correct these at this stage. I am sure you will appreciate that this is why we have pre-production samples for checking and I am reassured by Bachmann that the issues that have been raised will be rectified before production commences.

I trust that this information will be of interest.

Cheers,

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

17 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I know they worked on the GC and I know at one time one worked test trains on the WR but they were - as I said - very severely route restricted on the Western apart from the special clearance given for the test train workings.  Incidentally the engine on the test trains ran with its own tender according to various published photos of those trains and I do. wonder if there was a bit of mischief going on at Swindon which led to the photo of it against a Collett tender as its own tender is alongside the engine.

• Informative/Useful 1

They had most other countries in Europe, but not France. There is also some problem with SagePay not recognising french Visa card numbers, it was the same with the Hardwicke. I have tried calling but despite being told a number of times I would be called back by the Locomotion sales team they never have done. 

On 18/12/2020 at 22:00, No Decorum said:

It sounds to me not unlike Nyman’s MGV (Musique a Grande Vitesse), intended to evoke trains closer to you than us stay-at-homes. Well worth getting hold of if you like the background music.

I found it. It is by Hampus Naeselius - Race Against Time.

Guest Locomotion No. 3
7 hours ago, Matabiau said:

They had most other countries in Europe, but not France. There is also some problem with SagePay not recognising french Visa card numbers, it was the same with the Hardwicke. I have tried calling but despite being told a number of times I would be called back by the Locomotion sales team they never have done. 

Firstly I can only apologise for the difficulties you have experienced trying to place orders with us.

I can investigate further on Monday for you and get someone to contact you from the office. Please PM your details such as name, email address and phone number so we can make direct contact with you.

This is the first time I have been aware of an issue with the website regarding France or French Visa cards. There should be no issues with selling a locomotive to a French address or against a French issued Visa card. Again I can only investigate further after the weekend and get someone to contact you to secure your order. We regularly supply models to addresses across the World and will be more than happy to send items to France.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

7 hours ago, Locomotion No. 3 said:

Firstly I can only apologise for the difficulties you have experienced trying to place orders with us.

I can investigate further on Monday for you and get someone to contact you from the office. Please PM your details such as name, email address and phone number so we can make direct contact with you.

This is the first time I have been aware of an issue with the website regarding France or French Visa cards. There should be no issues with selling a locomotive to a French address or against a French issued Visa card. Again I can only investigate further after the weekend and get someone to contact you to secure your order. We regularly supply models to addresses across the World and will be more than happy to send items to France.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

A thing that can sometimes happen with French Visa cards on UK (and US) websites is when it asks you to select between a Visa Credit card or a Visa Debit card. In France they are both the same card while the UK/US have distinct distinctions between both and how they function and you need two distinct cards. So it can happen that the site spits back, "that is not a visa credit card" or "that is not a visa debit card".

43 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

A thing that can sometimes happen with French Visa cards on UK (and US) websites is when it asks you to select between a Visa Credit card or a Visa Debit card. In France they are both the same card while the UK/US have distinct distinctions between both and how they function and you need two distinct cards. So it can happen that the site spits back, "that is not a visa credit card" or "that is not a visa debit card".

FIrst of all, thanks to Locomotion for having replied.

Secondly, there is frequently a problem with Sagepay and, at least, French bank cards. They seem to do an update every now and again and that blocks us. It doesn't recognise the card as a credit card, and when you enter it as a debit card it is refused further down the chain. This has happened in the past and was rectified after a few months. It seems to have happened again as I am having the same problem with other retailers using SagePay including Bachmann Collectors' Club (they took tha payment by phone instead).  

• Like 1