Locomotion models announce exclusive 'Green Arrow' models of the Bachmann V2

AY Mod

Guest Locomotion No. 3
5 hours ago, Matabiau said:

FIrst of all, thanks to Locomotion for having replied.

Secondly, there is frequently a problem with Sagepay and, at least, French bank cards. They seem to do an update every now and again and that blocks us. It doesn't recognise the card as a credit card, and when you enter it as a debit card it is refused further down the chain. This has happened in the past and was rectified after a few months. It seems to have happened again as I am having the same problem with other retailers using SagePay including Bachmann Collectors' Club (they took tha payment by phone instead).  

Thank you for your PM.

We now have your phone number and I will arrange for one of my colleagues to contact you regarding your order in the next day or two.

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Manager

Locomotion Models

• RMweb Premium
On 19/12/2020 at 04:54, stewartingram said:

The train of teak stock, though off topic, on the layout looked interesting. What were the Gresley coaches?

Stewart

The Gresley coaches were Hornbys 61’6” stock. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi, I know you are planning a model of 60800 in its BR days in the late 50’s. Any news on when it may be available.

Thanks Fred

A little while back I was told Autumn 2021. 

Edited by davidw

19 hours ago, Fredo said:

Hi, I know you are planning a model of 60800 in its BR days in the late 50’s. Any news on when it may be available.

Thanks Fred

Hi Fred,

The upcoming model of 60800 is not in late 50's condition - she is in approx 1998-2005 condition, covering the first two thirds of her last boiler ticket. She was repainted into her current coat of Apple green for the remainder. 

Cheers,

@Locomotion No. 3

Is it possible to have an indication please on how close the Green Arrow versions are to selling out on pre-order? I'm getting ever more tempted to order 4771 as well as 60800 but I'm holding off until as late as possible due to the combined cost of the models.

Cheers,

Edited by 60800

17 hours ago, 60800 said:

Has anyone else received an order confirmation email?

I'm having trouble contacting Locomotion Models. 

Cheers,

If you can PM me your details I can check this for you. On occasions order confirmation sometimes do go into spam/junk folders. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, 60800 said:

Has anyone else received an order confirmation email?

I'm having trouble contacting Locomotion Models. 

Cheers,

Yes.  I placed an order and received a confirmation email as one would typically expect.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tom Mackie SMG said:

If you can PM me your details I can check this for you. On occasions order confirmation sometimes do go into spam/junk folders. 

24 minutes ago, teaky said:

Yes.  I placed an order and received a confirmation email as one would typically expect.

Thanks for the replies guys - I managed to get through to Locomotion this morning and they have explained that the confirmation email likely dropped into my spam folder (which clears every 30 days) - they have re-sent the email now so I have that :)

An interesting point brought up during the conversation is that the running plate on the V2 has been retooled completely, to remove the hump in the middle and the ski jump at the end - it was explained that the current version (at the time) was just used for the livery samples and the issue had already been highlighted months before and due to retooling the models are now expected in Summer after Hardwicke which is due in July.

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, 60800 said:

An interesting point brought up during the conversation is that the running plate on the V2 has been retooled completely, to remove the hump in the middle and the ski jump at the end - it was explained that the current version (at the time) was just used for the livery samples and the issue had already been highlighted months before and due to retooling the models are now expected in Summer after Hardwicke which is due in July.

Cheers,

That's really good to know, thanks.

The running plate really stuck out to me as being wrong, which perhaps it wasn't massively when viewed from a normal distance rather than up close, but all the same "once seen, unable to unsee" etc.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/03/2021 at 12:16, Bon Accord said:

That's really good to know, thanks.

The running plate really stuck out to me as being wrong, which perhaps it wasn't massively when viewed from a normal distance rather than up close, but all the same "once seen, unable to unsee" etc.

Just seen this. I quite agree.

Excellent move by Bachmann, as it was spoiling an otherwise excellent model!

Do we know if the cab front tooling is also being amended to reduce the 'ridge' (supposed to represent the cab to firebox casing join) that extends too far onto the cab front? This results, on the LNER livery, in far too much black on the cab front, and the 'point' of the green ending far too high up the cab front.

For me this is the only other major and inexcusable error on an otherwise excellent model. (acknowledging that some compromises are inherent in mass produced 4mm models)

Also is there any potential for a Smiths Spedo drive to be included? After initial enthusiam (with a good reprasentation on locos such as the 4mt tank, and 5mt) Bachmann seem not to include this, in constrast to Hornby whose slightly malnourished reprasenation features on most models. This part is prominant on the V2s so fitted, as well as Green Arrow since around 2000 (not initially fitted after overhaul).

• 8 months later...

60800 landed today. Very happy with it - not yet fitted the nameplates and front end gubbins but it's already sat in pride of place next to my chunk of coal from 60800's tender from my first mainline steam trip two decades ago.

PXL_20211221_175219507.NIGHT.jpg.e219e2eeaa3a2ed19e86478ce588fe26.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 9

Great performance from the loco as well. A slight oddity I noticed though is that the tender and loco are askew to one another. Something to do with connection I’m guessing.

08A5AF5D-129A-4893-B74B-D2E2C42B75C7.jpeg

Edited by PeterH
  • Like 2