Ivor the Engine Movie

Keith Addenbrooke

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PatB said:

At risk of accusations of cityism, I just had a flash mental image of the Batmobile propped up on four piles of breeze blocks. 

Taking a risk - with one contributor to the thread named as Southport and another (me) on the Wirral...

...but if you follow the link to the article on the Batman filming, there’s a picture of a Gotham City Bus that actually appears not to have any wheels.

I wonder if they’ll paint over the road markings - something to look for when the Batman film comes out.  Can’t say I’ll rush to see it though.  I’m not really into all these remakes...oh, hang on...

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RJS1977 said:

In one episode, Ivor was sent down to Pontypool Road and 'met' a Western diesel hydraulic, so I'd say standard.

Which limits the filming opportunities in Wales to:

Gwili Railway

Llangollen

Pontypool & Blaenavon

Barry Tourist Railway

None of which are in the "top left corner"

However it’s done, I’d agree that a heritage line is most likely to be involved (though maybe sworn to secrecy as part of a commercial arrangement?).  You wouldn’t need a lot of rolling stock, and it’s not all scenic (Grumbly Town Gas Works).  But a viaduct might be needed?

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Ah. My username is named after the place.

I'm very much down here. Currently closer to AN or 8C than anywhere else.

I’ve had to look them up (I’m not naturally fluent in Shed Codes - or TOPS codes, sorry), but I’d say the point is still valid: even if I’m possibly geographically nearer to the City Centre as the crow swims.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/12/2020 at 14:19, RJS1977 said:

In one episode, Ivor was sent down to Pontypool Road and 'met' a Western diesel hydraulic, so I'd say standard.

Which limits the filming opportunities in Wales to:

Gwili Railway

Llangollen

Pontypool & Blaenavon

Barry Tourist Railway

None of which are in the "top left corner"

Why not Porthmadog with its adjacent Welsh Highland Heritage Rly?

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 18/12/2020 at 17:44, DavidCBroad said:

Cue  "Ivor the Engine" weekekends at every preserved railway and Hornby or  Bachmann or Heljan competing for rights to produce  "Ivor the Engine" in gauges from N to G.  Make a nice change from Thomas.

Pete Harvey is already paying for the rights to produce his kits in O and OO gauge ....

http://www.phd-design-etchings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=ivor

• Informative/Useful 1