Embedding a YouTube Video

• RMweb Gold

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong when inserting a link to a YouTube video.

I want the video to be embedded (i.e. play within the RMWeb window rather than taking you off to YouTube and playing there).

My video is here: https://youtu.be/TDJQ9q3DfB0

I get a message saying "the link could not be embedded because it is not in a supported format".

The video comes out of my camera as an mp4 file.

Do I need to convert it to some other format before I can embed it?

Are there limits on the P/M rates? (the camera is set to XAVC S HD, 50p50M). 

Thanks.

PS: I also tried the "embed" option from YouTube, which gives me this code to paste:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TDJQ9q3DfB0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

which also doesn't produce the desired result.

Edited by GWR57xx
PS

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, gordon s said:

Last time I saw that message it was with an .mp4 file, but when I went back into YouTube, there was a note re copyright on the video I had uploaded.

May be worthwhile going back to My Videos in your YouTube channel and checking the settings.

It’s set to “unlisted”. Does it need to be “public”?

• RMweb Premium

Just tried a couple of mine to check the format in the link was the same.  It was.  I will agree with the post above that you may have a You Tube setting blocking the embedding for general viewing.  It must not be set to "Private"  but can be "Unlisted" or "Public".  The difference in the latter two is that either can be viewed by anyone with the link but only "Public" videos will be displayed in response to a search request.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, gordon s said:

I’ll try and embed it myself.....

It wouldn't work for me and I cannot see why.  But clicking the link activates the video in a new window. 

• Thanks 1

Same here (the link works), so I wonder if it has been correctly uploaded. Normally the URL link comes up under share, but all I can see is the facility to email it to others. I suspect that may be as it’s not my account. I take another look tomorrow if its still not resolved.

Edited by gordon s
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJQ9q3DfB0&feature=youtu.be

Same problem as OP describes.  Nothing I can do will clear it but it is readily viewable and not exactly over-long (therefore not exceeding any limits) via this link on You Tube.  Which suggests the problem may lie with the upload or in OP's You Tube account.  

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for trying to help.

I couldn’t see any options in YouTube to alter the way the file was uploaded, so it’s just as it came straight out of the camera (via my PC). 
I’ll try changing some of the camera settings to see if that makes any difference.

If not, I still have an old lower-res camera I can try...

• Moderators

I don't know the answer I'm afraid as I've had it happen occasionally for no apparent reason. It's not as simple as file types as I create anything up to 50fps HD and 4K files in MP4 format.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

A few more test files using different camera settings:

AVCHD 50i 17M (camera produces a .MTS file, this is the lowest resolution this camera will do):

Yay!!

XAVC S HD 25p 16M (.MP4 file, next step up):

Yay!!!

XAVC S HD 25p 50M (.MP4):

XAVC S 4K 25p 60M (.MP4):

XAVC S HD 50p 50M (.MP4, original attempt):

https://youtu.be/TDJQ9q3DfB0

"The link could not be embedded because it is not in a supported format."

It appears that I was just unlucky in that I happened to choose 50p (not knowing anything about video).

25p appears to work fine, so good news that I can use the new camera which should have much better focus than the old one :).

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

One last test.

XAVC S HD 50p 25M, MP4:

Hmm...

Not sure what to conclude, except that I'll stick to HD 25p 16M (25fps, 16Mb/s) MP4 files for now.

Smaller file size and I don't need any higher resolution.

Thanks for your help everyone.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1