Z21 App Occupancy help

sunrunner4kr

Hi all,

Has anyone got any experience setting up track occupancy using the Z21 app? There’s a ‘response module’ object in the app layout, but I’m unsure how to use it.

Do I need one of these objects for each block? Or need it instead of all track on the layout where there is block detection? Or at the beginning and end of a block?

I couldn’t find any guidance from the Z21 manual or their online video tutorials.

I’m using a DR5088RC digidetect.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Simon

So, here’s my setup so far. It’s all working as planned. Loco shows in any block on the layout with that block address. So...the only bit I don’t like, is that for a stretch of rail, you can either: -

• Show one piece of that track with the block occupancy
  • Show the occupancy at the beginning and end of that block section
  • Or, have the occupancy object on every section of that length of track

That latter option means you can see for any section of horizontal/vertical track what is occupying it. However, it’s a lot more work to set up! AND for a section of track, would show the loco image several times...

Seems a bit clunky to me. Would be better if the app let you set the beginning and end of a block section, and then it highlights all that track with occupancy.

The app, also doesn’t let you add the occupancy object diagonally...which is really stupid. So you have to manipulate the layout to be horizontal or vertical when you want to show track occupancy...

AF7EBCB0-26B0-40D1-BDB1-219C5E4ADD0D.png