Accuraloads, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Following on from a post in the Deltic thread it occurred to me that there is a major gap in the provision of loads for late steam era layouts. Have @Accurascale Fran and the lads had any ideas about a set of these chaps, resized for a sixteen tonner, say?  Should even be possible to fit a smoke unit in the wagon for working pipes.

R1221.  Nantlle Tramway.  20th October, 1963.

• Like 3
  • Funny 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

We are happy to report these are now in stock, all preorders will commence dispatch in the coming days, and stock is now online.

We have new stock of the HUO coal loads, Steel Coils for our coil carriers, Containers and Coal loads for the PFA wagons and a range of suitable loads for the PTA/JTA+JUA tipplers.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/loads

PTAAggregateLoad2_2400x2400.jpg?v=160750

Edited by McC
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

I ordered a fair few loads on the 5/3/21 with all items showing as in stock, but haven’t heard anything since. Is there a big backlog on these? Just getting slightly concerned there’s been an issue with my order. 

Cheers.

We've been working through preorders for the JSAs and loads for the last week, and are down to the last 200 or so orders, which should clear today, or by lunch tomorrow - thanks all for your patience! 

Worth dropped us a line or hopping into live chat just to verify the order is paid and in the pack q!

Edited by McC

4 minutes ago, McC said:

We've been working through preorders for the JSAs and loads for the last week, and are down to the last 200 or so orders, which should clear today, or by lunch tomorrow - thanks all for your patience! 

Worth dropped us a line or hopping into live chat just to verify the order is paid and in the pack q!

Thanks for that info, I appreciate the update. I appreciate you have lots going on all the difficulties the current situation is causing. I’ll leave it until the end of play tomorrow and get in touch then if I’ve not heard anything.

Cheers.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just bought a couple of packs of the dolofines/ lime loads from a local retailer. Wasn't that keen on the aggregate colour ( too dark and uniform) so think the dolofines may be a better representation of sea gravel with a bit of weathering for my VTG London area set.

3 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Received my 5 packs of coal loads for my Cawoods PFA's this morning, what a vast improvement on an otherwise rather rubbish wagon :jester:

That's your pre orders cancelled :P 

• Funny 6

20 hours ago, owentherail said:

Lol.... I had the same box, thought there might be more in it. Tough to explain to the missus it was only a bit of coal 

Well I started to get worried as I'd ordered 2 batteries from them for the PTA's - fortunately they used a Jiffy bag.

• Funny 3

Just placed my third order for loads, this time iron ore for PTAs.  If it is anything like the coal they are fantastic.  However, note to self.  The shipping cost more than the load and DHL then stung me for a larger amount to bring them into Canada.  At 50 quid delivered that is a bit much.  Next time I'll order with the wagons.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/03/2021 at 18:32, bartram108 said:

Was that all that was in that box?

I ordered a new seal for the shower door recently, it was 3ft long and about an inch sqaure. It came in box about 5ft x 2ft x 18” filled with brown paper. What a waste and even broken down, it took up lots of room in the recycling bin.

Whilst I do understand the advantages of standard size boxes, it all seems to be getting a bit silly now.

Roy

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I ordered a new seal for the shower door recently, it was 3ft long and about an inch sqaure. It came in box about 5ft x 2ft x 18” filled with brown paper. What a waste and even broken down, it took up lots of room in the recycling bin.

Whilst I do understand the advantages of standard size boxes, it all seems to be getting a bit silly now.

Roy

Whilst I can (just) understand the thinking behind one size fits all packaging, taking your shower seal as an example, there must be a correlation between the size of the box, the size of the item and the number you can get in one vehicle for delivery purposes. Taken to the extreme, if you had ordered ten thousand seals, how many lorries would that have taken to deliver compared to "non standard" packaging that would have allowed them to be delivered in one lorry, where is the cost saving? Also, an unnecessarily large box prevents more items being carried to make transportation costs generally cheaper.

It's either me or the world going crazy, and I know which one my moneys on!

Mike.