Accuraloads, by Accurascale

On 20/03/2021 at 10:22, 89A said:

My loads of additional steel coils are taking a rather torturous journey through Ireland into the UK via customs again according to Gls tracking.

Me too, I have 3 limestome sets and 5 PFA coal sets on the way from Ireland, so far 3 days in the clutches of GLS, who seem to have the worst feedback on trustpilot of any courier service, with 80% of feedback as 'bad' the lowest rating. Their website gives a estimatef delivery period of 5 to 10 days. I hope this will have a Customs declaration on coming into the UK as duty already paid, as I'm concerned that the UK end of the operation  Parcelforce, will seek UK import VAT plus handling. If this is to be the source of some Accurascale direct ordered stock in the future, I think I'll order from a UK retailer.

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

As Fran has said earlier, delays getting into the UK meant this exceptional route for the JSAs. All goods are shipping VAT paid with complete paperwork and while physically coming from Dublin, are being sent by Accurascale Limited of England so there is no concern about vat or fees whatsoever. 

We are seeing 3-5 working days as typical at the moment, and parcels have been going GLS to Parcelforce (PF UK are doing the 'to the door' fulfilment). From the JSA thread, Fran has also clarified that Royal Mail and DPD are being added to our delivery options at the end of this month. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johndon said:

Very happy with my iron ore loads which arrived this morning with the exception of one which is firmly wedged in the wagon (the others come out easily if you turn the wagon upside down).

You need to improve your unloading facilities :P

• Funny 1

On 21/03/2021 at 16:11, McC said:

As Fran has said earlier, delays getting into the UK meant this exceptional route for the JSAs. All goods are shipping VAT paid with complete paperwork and while physically coming from Dublin, are being sent by Accurascale Limited of England so there is no concern about vat or fees whatsoever. 

We are seeing 3-5 working days as typical at the moment, and parcels have been going GLS to Parcelforce (PF UK are doing the 'to the door' fulfilment). From the JSA thread, Fran has also clarified that Royal Mail and DPD are being added to our delivery options at the end of this month. 

Hope that helps!

Just to confirm my shipment- left Accurascale in Dublin on the afternoon of 18th March, arrived in UK Parcelforce international centre early yesterday afternoon and was Customs cleared in an hour. It arrived at my local PF distribution centre this morning and is now out for delivery, expected shortly after 3.30pm, so looks to be ok, subject to 'Julian' the PF local delivery driver, stopping at my door this afternoon, will have to leave out the wife's lovely homemade shortbread to ensure he comes to the door.

• Like 2

There is definitely variability in the shipping process,

Order dispatch on the 12th Friday arrived in UK on the 16 and delivered on the 17th Wednesday, so 3 working days.

Order dispatch on the 15th Monday, arrived in the UK on the 18th Thursday and has not moved since.

Waiting till the full 10 business days before reporting it though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Bob83a said:

There is definitely variability in the shipping process,

Order dispatch on the 12th Friday arrived in UK on the 16 and delivered on the 17th Wednesday, so 3 working days.

Order dispatch on the 15th Monday, arrived in the UK on the 18th Thursday and has not moved since.

Waiting till the full 10 business days before reporting it though.

UK post is all over the shop recently. I posted an ebay sale second class signed for on a Monday and it took until the Tuesday of the following week to be delivered. Last week I posted another second class signed for parcel that arrived the next day. Special Delivery has been often taking an extra day, even though Royal Mail say that guaranteed 1pm is by 4pm and 4pm by 9pm next day.

I never thought I would say this, but Hermes have been the best recently.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, 

On postage, we have just been informed by Parcel Force that their customs backlog is now 1.5 weeks to process. This is despite the correct paperwork being attached and all VAT, duties etc in order and not requiring payment by the customer on the door step. This applies to our IRM range, Accuraloads and JSA wagons. Parcel Force state that this is due to British customs now preparing for the final Brexit conditions to kick in in the coming months. We are very sorry about this, but there is nothing we can do. 

We are implementing a new plan to ensure no other items arriving in stock in the future will be affected in this way. In the meantime let's just hope sufficient customs officials and infrastructure will be in place very soon at UK entry points! 

Cheers,

Fran   

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 18/03/2021 at 17:58, owentherail said:

Wish the PTA loads were as undulating and as good as the PFA loads. 

PFAs look superb 

I agree that the loads are a bit too flat and i wasn't too keen on the colour but i think they are great value and a ready made platform that can be improved. I added some Attwood Aggregates ballast that i already had and think it makes a vast improvement and really adds something to the superb ARC wagons.

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

23 minutes ago, Flagman said:

I agree that the loads are a bit too flat and i wasn't too keen on the colour but i think they are great value and a ready made platform that can be improved. I added some Attwood Aggregates ballast that i already had and think it makes a vast improvement and really adds something to the superb ARC wagons.

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

I've a rake of 20 ARC wagons, how heavy are the loads? thinking 20 with loads mite be a bit heavy 

3 minutes ago, owentherail said:

I've a rake of 20 ARC wagons, how heavy are the loads? thinking 20 with loads mite be a bit heavy 

I've 10 wagons but have not finished the last couple of loads to test yet but don't think it will be a problem. Each load is approx 40g out of the box and the ballast adds about 10g dependent on how much you add, one of mine is actually 55g. A loaded 20 wagon rake will certainly require some tractive effort but that's what Mendip stone trains are all about!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Flagman said:

I've 10 wagons but have not finished the last couple of loads to test yet but don't think it will be a problem. Each load is approx 40g out of the box and the ballast adds about 10g dependent on how much you add, one of mine is actually 55g. A loaded 20 wagon rake will certainly require some tractive effort but that's what Mendip stone trains are all about!

A wonderful excuse to triple-head accurascale 37's ! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-37

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

6 hours ago, Flagman said:

Let's hope Dapol 59 is a good one 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Off topics - I used their ballast but they seem to have disappeared without a trace recently ?

Their last post on Facebook was August last year which implied they were trying to get back to normality but i always bought from them at shows so don't know if they ever had a website.

On 27/03/2021 at 19:37, owentherail said:

Let's hope Dapol 59 is a good one 

I have an old MTK based 59 with a Mainline 56 motor bogie. With the white metal body it can handle quite a bit! See example below. Neil.

Edited by zoomer1979
  • Like 2

On 21/12/2020 at 11:54, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Before we fully sign off for Christmas, we thought we would squeeze in one more launch! Welcome to our Accuraloads range!

1218229464_PTAIronOreLoad2.jpg.8f45cf0155861f711970a6dab84a112e.jpg

We have increased our range of OO gauge wagon loads to incorporate iron ore, aggregate, lime/dolofines and coal for our tipplers, as well as coal for our PFA coal containers, steel coils and welcoming our HUO coal loads back into stock.

Due in January, you can check out all the info on them here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/presenting-accuraloads  and place your pre-order for them here https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/loads 

Okay, now I really am on my Christmas holidays!

Cheers,

Fran

Those iron ore loads don't look anything like how it was loaded in South Wales.  Notice the humps, not a uniform distribution:

59xxx-XL.jpg

https://www.philt.org.uk/UKModernRail/1995-2005/i-dxG3bxj/A

• Agree 2

For anyone ordering these.

my order shipped on the15th from Dublin, arrived in the UK on the 18th, now 2 weeks later status show that the customs data is missing!. Probably lost while it was just sitting there. 

Hopefully Accurascale can sort this out.

But extended delivery times are being seen.

Contact raised on Accurascale site.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Bob83a said:

Thanks Bob, if you have a ticket open with us, we'll sort it out, Parcel Force confirmed a software issue on their end held up a batch of parcels (sent 15th and some of 16th March last) unduly. We're working on carriers and with both of our warehouses (Dublin and Peterborough) to better streamline, but this shipment was unduly impacted as it was in transit during the Brexit changes. Thanks for your patience! 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Bob83a said:

For anyone ordering these.

my order shipped on the15th from Dublin, arrived in the UK on the 18th, now 2 weeks later status show that the customs data is missing!. Probably lost while it was just sitting there. 

Hopefully Accurascale can sort this out.

Edit @McC beat me to it

Edited by Accurascale Fran