Bachmann Jubilee mystery detailing part

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Season's greetings to everyone.

My current T4 lockdown project is to rename and commission a Bachmann Jubilee ( the latest iteration of this lovely model).

The detailing bag contains this component but the instructions don't tell you what it is or where it goes. 

Can any expert RMWebbers let me know what it is and where it goes?

Thanks

SteveIMG_20201221_222433364.jpg.2ddf9a69a892fd0dbc0c9a33a4d6831c.jpg

IMG_20201221_222351853.jpg

IMG_20201221_222417428.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I haven't got a Jubilee myself so apologies if I get this wrong, but it looks like a crank that forms part of the brake linkage - several Bachmann locos that I have got, have similar parts.  If so, somewhere beneath the cab there will be two brackets with holes which the two pins on that part fit into, and the end of the brake pull rod (part of the brake linkage moulding) probably has a pin on one end that fits into the hole in that part.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, 31A said:

I haven't got a Jubilee myself so apologies if I get this wrong, but it looks like a crank that forms part of the brake linkage - several Bachmann locos that I have got, have similar parts.  If so, somewhere beneath the cab there will be two brackets with holes which the two pins on that part fit into, and the end of the brake pull rod (part of the brake linkage moulding) probably has a pin on one end that fits into the hole in that part.

31A

Got it, you are spot on - RMWeb to the rescue again.  Thank you.

Steve

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 31A said:

and they are a b***** to fit.

• Agree 2