Stopping static grass from appearing shiny!?

Hi RMWeb.  I’ve been working on the application of static grass on my layout, but I find that under certain light conditions it appears shiny and glossy.  Any tips on how to dumb down this effect?

ive heard of people using weathering powders and varnishes, but wondering what tips and techniques the community can pass on.

17 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

John's tip re soil is a good one. That along with a spray over with Matt varnish will solve your problem.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks Ade.  I bought a can of this stuff and found that with the addition of a little weathering powder it’s worked a treat.  It’s also taken some of the shine off my platform surfaces too!  Amazing stuff.CC5B6D4B-F2A9-46E5-8753-A1E82CCB5658.jpeg.b5475fd4abebbd2fc1f7a71ed40cc73b.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

If I could redirect you to my thread in Heaton Lodge Junction see the video I did on static grass in the last 10 posts or so.

Basically matt varnish and fine sieved dirt transform the look of static grass..

Thanks - that’s pretty much the tactic I ended up employing.  Having your vid to hand was a great help though.  And HLJ!!!  What a layout by the way.

Almost enough to make me want to get involved in 7mm....almost :D