Roco 10772 accessory controller

philg

Anyone know if I can use the Roco accessory/route controller (10772) with either NCE or ZTC DCC systems? What interface cabling would I need??

it’s a pretty simple alternative to controlling DCC point motors - and a good first step. Ultimately I may be looking at NCEs MiniPanel, but that’s overkill for now

Thanks!

phil G

May work on ZTC as both are xpressnet (Lenz), but how in detail I don't know, and you're outside what's explicitly in the Roco manual Iain posted above. 
Doubt it can be made to work on NCE. 

Note that an NCE MiniPanel is 15 individual turnouts per unit (two connections required, one for each direction of throw).

Thanks for the replies guys. I had something tickling the back of my mind about ZTC and ExpressNet - and sure I hooked a Roco Maus to my ZTC are some point when I was experimenting. But that is many years ago :(

I’ll keep digging

You will have trouble with the ZTC because of the ZTC accessory numbering not matching the standard Expressnet numbering, but other than that it should work. It will not work with NCE.

The routecontrol is best plugged in to a Lenz Expressnet panel or similar with a modular cable, and the expressnet panel can be wired to the ZTC.

10 minutes ago, Suzie said:

You will have trouble with the ZTC because of the ZTC accessory numbering not matching the standard Expressnet numbering, but other than that it should work. It will not work with NCE.

The routecontrol is best plugged in to a Lenz Expressnet panel or similar with a modular cable, and the expressnet panel can be wired to the ZTC.

Yeah, that numbering mismatch is going to haunt me I think. BUT if I program the accessories from the Roco, and ONLY use that to switch points I think I'll be OK

But I also need to know the respective pinouts (Lenz/Roco and ZTC) to build a suitable cable......

Think of the Roco 10772 Route Control as you would a DCC throttle, with the sort of limitations there are with regard to interchangeability (or not) between DCC brands.

For the OP, Phil G.

There’s a modern day alternative available in the shape of the DCC Concepts Alpha Central, which can be used with a number of DCC systems, or as a stand-alone DCC points and accessory controller.

image.jpeg.2153569e7824aeafa4344163a9fe923e.jpeg

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

1 hour ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

Think of the Roco 10772 Route Control as you would a DCC throttle, with the sort of limitations there are with regard to interchangeability (or not) between DCC brands.

For the OP, Phil G.

There’s a modern day alternative available in the shape of the DCC Concepts Alpha Central, which can be used with a number of DCC systems, or as a stand-alone DCC points and accessory controller.

image.jpeg.2153569e7824aeafa4344163a9fe923e.jpeg

Thanks, but at the price it's beyond what I am prepared to spend right now. As I said, my future is likely to be a MiniPanel or similar

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
On 24/12/2020 at 16:01, Suzie said:

If long back to this

Exactly how would I wire the expressnet panel to ZTC? I can wield a soldering iron, but what connects to what??

cheers