Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Christmas Traditions

Hibelroad

Well its got to that time of the year when I dust off MRJ 195 and re read Chris Pendeltons classic illustrated article about parcels traffic. This has become something of a personal tradition for me but do you have any similar traditions? Do you run mince pie specials, scatter a bit of scenic snow or have a favourite book or magazine to read?  This is a time of the year when the nostalgia index goes off scale so I am sure it would be interesting to know modelling tradition makes your Christmas.

• RMweb Gold

I love Christmas traditions; lights twinkling in peoples front rooms, the general bonhomie,  

The adverts on the television:- "WE ARE OPEN ON BOXING DAY! DOUBLE DISCOUNTS! COME AND BUY A SOFA! Yeah, right....

The excited looks on the children's faces.... Easter eggs in Tescos..... The queue of faulty goods returned at Argos......

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

This is the time of year when I always think about doing a snow scene diorama, or possibly even a snow-themed working layout.

I've never actually built one, but I do have a very long-standing tradition of thinking about it.

• Like 3

My recently acquired Christmas tradition is to think about all the time I'm going to have to finish off a kit and then come the 27th, wonder where the time went and the kit remains exactly as it was on the 23rd

It's going to plan so far.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 25/12/2020 at 10:19, SM42 said:

My recently acquired Christmas tradition is to think about all the time I'm going to have to finish off a kit and then come the 27th, wonder where the time went and the kit remains exactly as it was on the 23rd

It's going to plan so far.

Andy

Sounds like we have the same Christmas tradition.

I always have at least 5 minutes actual modelling on Christmas Day.  This year it was easier as we were on our own with no guests so not so many potatoes to peel!  So 20 minutes making the footsteps for the loco I have been building was time well spent.

Ian.

• Like 2