Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Quirky Poll 2020

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Wickham Green too said:

I wonder how you'd wire the Listowel loco for two-rail pickup ??!? .......................................... intriguingly, if the model was of the existing loco, it would be an electric replica of a diesel replica of a steam loco .... hmmmmm.

Use the low level balance rails. 

Andi

• Agree 5

Love some of the suggestions. I’ve followed the instructions and only voted for locos I might actually buy. Love the Kent and East Sussex Railbus, and the streamlined B17, but sadly wouldn’t go on my layout so didn’t get a vote.

Other than that, I would suggest any Bachmann LMS loco in Crimson Lake - quirky because it never seems to happen! Been waiting for the Compound since they introduced it.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Covkid said:

Answering the original question it would be 1831

However could E2001 the ex Gas Turbine be described as quirky ? If so sign me up as well as "the Hawk" with an MD655 sound decoder. 

A little before my time, but it was used for electrification testing on the line which was local to me in my youth.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Re the list, the vast majority of them are form the Sarf, and there's not a single thing from north of Hadrian's Wall. The Scots don't do quirky, then? 

Hello Daddyman

We asked for suggestions last year but none we received were for north of the border. You are welcome to suggest items for 2021.

Brian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Covkid said:

Answering the original question it would be 1831

However could E2001 the ex Gas Turbine be described as quirky ? If so sign me up as well as "the Hawk" with an MD655 sound decoder. 

Hello Covkid

I'll put them on the 2021 Agenda for you.

Brian (on behalf of The Quirky Poll Team)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

What a choice! Got to vote for the Bullied diesel, probably more so than a Leader.  Sans Pareil would be a high contender for me. 

How about a Sturrock Steam tender? 

For something off the wall, but very relevant, would be a working model of  Stephenson's Valve Gear.  Let's think about a scale of 1/12th. Large enough to observe the valve events.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

What a choice! Got to vote for the Bullied diesel, probably more so than a Leader.  Sans Pareil would be a high contender for me. 

How about a Sturrock Steam tender? 

For something off the wall, but very relevant, would be a working model of  Stephenson's Valve Gear.  Let's think about a scale of 1/12th. Large enough to observe the valve events.   

Bulleid diesel?

Do you mean this one? http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/111/Bulleid_Diesel

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Bulleid diesel?

Do you mean this one? http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/111/Bulleid_Diesel

Err, no, not the 10201-3. kernow have made it, and sold out, to boot.  I was referring to 11001, the Bullied diesel shunter at Norwood Junction. 

I keep getting dragged back to the Southern; I don't know why..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Bulleid diesel?

Hello woodenhead

Possible the one below which is on the list?

Bulleid Shunter No.11001

Built in 1950, it spent much of its life at Norwood Junction.

https://sremg.org.uk/diesel/bull-500.shtml

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Err, no, not the 10201-3. kernow have made it, and sold out, to boot.  I was referring to 11001, the Bullied diesel shunter at Norwood Junction. 

I keep getting dragged back to the Southern; I don't know why..... 

17 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello woodenhead

Possible the one below which is on the list?

Bulleid Shunter No.11001

Built in 1950, it spent much of its life at Norwood Junction.

https://sremg.org.uk/diesel/bull-500.shtml

Oh yeah, thats definitely quirky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/12/2020 at 06:35, Barry O said:

Phil

The two locos i mention stick out like a sore thumb.. they are not quirky at all.. as it happens I have voted for a quirky loco..the aveling and porter.. now how do you make that work?

Baz

Hi Baz,

In a similar fashion to this one by @TurboSnail no doubt:

Better than a bought one !!

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Extra Information
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I wonder how you'd wire the Listowel loco for two-rail pickup ??!? .......................................... intriguingly, if the model was of the existing loco, it would be an electric replica of a diesel replica of a steam loco .... hmmmmm.

Hi Whickham,

This one uses magnets under the track, rather ingenious:

Gibbo.

• Like 4

Sorry for my Xmas pud dense stupidity, but how to I vote? The banner at the top of this page:image.png.a530a473595b319eece0a5d2e5f4de0e.png

just opens up a repeat of this page. I can't find a 'poll' item anywhere

There's something there I would love to see produced!

Steve W

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, steve W said:

Sorry for my Xmas pud dense stupidity, but how to I vote? The banner at the top of this page:image.png.a530a473595b319eece0a5d2e5f4de0e.png

just opens up a repeat of this page. I can't find a 'poll' item anywhere

There's something there I would love to see produced!

Steve W

At the bottom of the first post is a link. 

Andi