Experiences of WEP models GWR wagon kits?

I am hoping at some point to build a model of the Pooley Van's which were conversions of the GWR 10t Bloater fish Van's. The model I am interested in was a conversion of the S9 dia variant which WEP models do as an etched brass kit (in the original fish van format). I was interested in hearing if anyone had built any of the WEP wagon kits please; are they straight forward to assemble,  any watch outs? Also are they a good representation of the real thing?

I have built a few etched kits over the years (most recently the First Class Kits presflo) so have a bit of experience under my belt.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 hours ago, markjj said:

Compared to the First Class kits they are excellent. 

Is it this one which the late Raymond Whalley reviewed on his website?

http://wryl.co.uk/wagons/gwr/toolpacking.html

Thanks Mark, the van I need is a different van to that one but I presume it is very similar to construct so the link is helpful, thank you.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 37114 said:

Thanks Mark, the van I need is a different van to that one but I presume it is very similar to construct so the link is helpful, thank you.

All the WEP kits are a similar construction so it's easy to get a feel for them. A lot of parts are slot and tab construction.

There are several other van builds on that site though. 

Edited by markjj
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Talking of the bloaters and here's one from my late father's collection of which I can vouch for building into a quality model. Detail aplenty.

1285806654_WEPbloater.jpgA.jpg.2084169ea0900368f07a85a1a5530e6c.jpg

That looks excellent. Having read the link posted by Mike I feel comfortable to have ago at the kit, my main challenge will be cutting the windows etc that were fitted as part of the Pooley conversion.