Hornby Henry Tender Chassis Frame Paint Stripping - Does Methylated Spirit Work?

Hey, so i'm trying to repaint my Hornby henry into a more realistic looking model and the tender chassis frame has always had an issue since day 1 that the frame is completely green, my plan is to strip it and respray it black and apply appropriate green and red where i need/want it.

so far ive left it submerged in methylated spirit for about half an hour, but there isn't any signs its even started working, like normally half an hour you get some gummyness of the paint or something but there doesn't seem to be any at all, have i made an error in judgement? do i need to put it in white spirit instead? consdiering its made of metal i'm not too worried about any plastic melting, i just want it to not have the factory paint on it.

any help is greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Mr. Morris

p.s. ive decided to attach a couple of images of the henry repaint, the reason he has a smokebox door is because of accidentally melting the original body a bit when trying to remove the face so this is a completely different bodyshell :P but you can see in the second image what i want the chassis stripping down from and too, as the bare metal was done with a wire brush but it was far too time consuming and won't get into enough nooks or crannies

Henry1.jpg

Henry2.jpg

Henry3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...