Bachmann Voyager - Fitting LED Headlights

Hi all, knowing as the Bachmann Voyager is an old model... it has old, dim and nasty bulbs. I myself have a semi-dcc Bachmann 221 ( I hardwired a decoder in the motor coach). Anyways, I stumbled upon Express Model's DCC lighting kit for the Voyagers to convert to LED lighting but unfortunately, they are out of stock. Could anyone be willing to point me in the right direction on how I can carry out this conversion on my own or know of any companies that could do this for me at a resonable cost?

Thank you for your help, Luke.

• 2 months later...

You can do this yourself.

Search on Rapid Electronics or RS Components for "Tower LEDs" - Warm White, Bright White, Red.  I coloured the sides of mine with a few rounds of sharpie marker.  One or two layers of paint just to stop the light bleed would be good also.  You'll see the Voyager body is quite thin.

The ends (not the pointy end but round the edge of that point) can be sanded slightly and slotted into the Voyager body, hold it in with black tac.

It's fairly easy - there's loads of threads about how to wire locos with LEDs here, so you can follow one of those and just use the Tower LEDs instead.