Bachmann Class 25 (32-326) Sound fitting

9C85

I have a DCC-fitted Bachmann Class 25  catalogue number 32-326. I believe it's quite an old model but I got it in 'brand new' condition last year. 

It has grown on me as a lovely workhorse for my layout and I am now wanting to fit it with sound to run alongside and contrast with my Bachmann Class 47, which was reblown with a legomanbiffo file soon after I bought it.

I have previously vowed to never again dismantle a loco after having had several nightmares getting them back together, but the 25 doesn't seem too difficult to work with.  

Has anyone got any advice on how best  to go about fitting sound to this loco? I don't believe provision is made for a speaker in the chassis design, so I assume it will either be a tight squeeze under the roof or some plastic surgery in the underframe boxes/tanks?

Finally, I am open to suggestions about which sound file is best (...lights blue touchpaper and retreats). I am really happy with the 'playability' of the legomanbiffo v4 in the 47 (speed lock and braking), but I do like the sound of the South West Digital examples I have seen (ie heard) on YouTube. My layout is a carriage sidings/fuel point shunting layout so tickover and low speed under load are the priorities for sound authenticity.  I also have my 47 volume on 'low' as sometimes I am viewing the loco from a scale distance of at least 500 feet, so I don't it need to sound like I am in the engine compartment  - quality over quantity, every time. 

Thanks in advance for any advice given. 

Best wishes for 2021

Stu

Edited by 9C85
Added layout info

15 hours ago, 9C85 said:

Sorry, should have said in the original post, it's 8-pin.

Thanks 

If you order the Legomanbiffo Decoder, that speaker will be Free. !!

Put in the comments box: Mega Bass Speaker as discussed.

See:  https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_68&product_id=216  

Order the first option please.

Our comprehensive function list is below

F1 Sound On/Off.  

F2 Playable High Note Horn.

F3 Playable Low Note Horn.

F4 Buffer Clash while moving, Coupling Up when stationery.

F5 Air Release/Brake Dump..

F6 Drivers door open/close.  

F7 Compressor.  

F8 Drive Hold (DriveLock) Allows working hard at slow speed. 

F9 Automatic Flange/Wheel Squeel.

F10 Despatch Whistle.

F11 Not Used.

F12 Roof Fan/Cooler Group.  

F13 Sanders.   

F14 Vacuum Exhauster.

F15 Spirax Valves.

F16 Not Used.

F17 Not Used.

F18 Track Detonators (A speed dependant 3 Bang Stop Warning).

F19 Directional Cab Lights (If fitted) with Autofade

F20 Directional Tailights ON/OFF (2019/2020 Version only)

F21 Battery Isolation Switch.