Ulsterbus colours

divibandit

Hi everyone,

I've been following your posts for some time and they bring back memories of travelling by train in the 1970s.

I've recently received the Colourpoint book on Ulsterbus -The Heubeck Years and was wondering if anyone here knows a paint match for Midland Blue which I understand is an Alexander colour. Ivory is available and listed on Model Bus Zone website.

I'm asking on this page as I thought more of you would be likely to know than on the Road Vehicles page on the main site.

Regards,

Steve

1 hour ago, divibandit said:

I've been following your posts for some time and they bring back memories of travelling by train in the 1970s.

I've recently received the Colourpoint book on Ulsterbus -The Heubeck Years and was wondering if anyone here knows a paint match for Midland Blue which I understand is an Alexander colour. Ivory is available and listed on Model Bus Zone website.

I'm asking on this page as I thought more of you would be likely to know than on the Road Vehicles page on the main site.

If by "Alexander" colour, you mean the blue they had from 1967 onwards, and unless I misunderstand you - do you mean a manufacturer's colour?

If so, the relationship with Alexander was much later, so any similarity would be coincidental. The blue they used they must have devised themselves in Duncrue St., as it was used to repaint the bewildering variety of bus types they inherited from the UTA, from all sorts of manufacturers.

If I have misunderstood your question, please just ignore me!

Hi achil,

Yes, you're right. I didn't put that very well.

I remember reading many years ago about Alexander's Riviera Blue and Trader Ivory but that may be wrong. 

It is the blue I need a match for, Model Bus Zone lists Cherry/Precision paint as having a match for the ivory.

Any ideas on the blue? I found this site useful for NIR blue locos and Revell paint.

Steve

8 hours ago, divibandit said:

Hi achil,

Yes, you're right. I didn't put that very well.

I remember reading many years ago about Alexander's Riviera Blue and Trader Ivory but that may be wrong. 

It is the blue I need a match for, Model Bus Zone lists Cherry/Precision paint as having a match for the ivory.

Any ideas on the blue? I found this site useful for NIR blue locos and Revell paint.

Steve

I'm afraid I don't, though I would know it if I saw it, as at one time I saw it every day!