End of the White Pass Alcos

dibber25

With the White Pass & Yukon Route now taking delivery of brand-new diesel locomotives I thought I'd post up a few shots of the old Alcos (re-engined a few years ago with Caterpillar diesels) which presumably face retirement after a long and illustrious career which started with moving aluminium ore and has ended with cruise ship tourists. My shots are from a railfan trip that I did in June 2013. Looks like the colourful green and yellow is giving way to black, too. Wouldn't it be great if Bachmann was to produce these in its On30 range? (CJL)

White Pass 071.jpg

White Pass 063.jpg

White Pass 111.jpg

White Pass 015.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, dibber25 said:

Wouldn't it be great if Bachmann was to produce these in its On30 range? (CJL)

Or even Blackstone, who seem content to sit on a small Colorado prototype range when a diesel based narrow gauge offering might open things up to more people.

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, dave1905 said:

Aren't those EBT triple hoppers 

Yes they’ve had those for years. I wonder if they’ll recreate the LGB loco version with a big D&RGW on the side? ;) 
3D0078B3-28E0-4BCC-908B-314F49D8457A.jpeg.e638cf6bad1bfa50e9d58c7a53e3f6ac.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB

10 hours ago, dibber25 said:

With the White Pass & Yukon Route now taking delivery of brand-new diesel locomotives I thought I'd post up a few shots of the old Alcos (re-engined a few years ago with Caterpillar diesels) which presumably face retirement after a long and illustrious career which started with moving aluminium ore and has ended with cruise ship tourists.

And five of them had a spell in Colombia, too! (They got homesick and came back.)

See details of 101 class on this page: 

http://drgw.free.fr/WP&YR/Engines/Diesel/Diesel_en.htm

Edited by pH

I1338229694_alaskacruise239.JPG.da884a2b9ed044f14c77ac387f25fdc1.JPG2132312600_alaskacruise320.JPG.ba4f6f21602f920ad609890ab1a198c0.JPGI hope you don't mind me posting these pictures I took whilst on holiday cruising with my wife and mother. I think they are different enough so as not to overlap your original pictures.  The trip was the highlight of my holiday and I also managed a trip on the Alaska Railroad and managed a few more pictures.

Happy New Year to all,

Robert

• Like 5