UWT-100, WiFi Trax WFD-30 and PowerCab problem

tender

Hi, don't know if anyone else has tried this combination but I'm having problems getting the UWT-100 throttle to control locos or accessories when used in conjunction with a PowerCab and WDF-30 NCE Cab Bus WiFi Interface. All seems to connect ok with the NET (blue) and CAB (green) LEDs flashing on the WDF-30 in response to commands from the UWT-100 throttle but nothing moves.

I've tried the UWT-100, WFD-30 combination on my NCE PowerPro system and that all works fine. Just can't get it working with a PowerCab  system.

Any thoughts?

Ray. 

Edited by tender

• tender changed the title to UWT-100, WiFi Trax WFD-30 and PowerCab problem
Just now, BromsMods said:

Have you made a connection to WiThrottle?

Hi John.

Yes, the UWT-100 says connected to the WiFitrax and i can read the loco and accessory roster on the UWT-100.

At first the Cab (Green) light on the WDF-30 didn't light but when i changed the NCE cab address DIP switches from the default (10) to 3 it lit up.

Hi John,

Yes, i've tried cab address 3,4 and 5 to no avail.

However, i've just started reading the more comprehensive online manual for the WFD-30 and found this on page 8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important note for Power Cab users: If you are using a Power Cab in “Master” mode so that it acts as the DCC command station, you must make sure it is version 1.65B. WFD-30 will not work with earlier versions of Power Cab such as 1.65. Version 1.65B supports Cab Addresses 3, 4 and 5, so you must set your WFD-30 to one of these using the DIP switches as in Table 1. Address 3 is a good choice, but (all the switches in the Off position) but if something else uses Cab Address 3 such as a Pro Cab, you could use Cab Address 4 or 5.

If you are using Power Cab as a cab on another NCE system, this does not apply, but you

must make sure the WFD-30 is given a different address to the Power Cab.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked my PowerCab version and its v1.65 (not1.65b) so maybe that's the reason, although i thought 1.65b was just a bug fix if you did a reset resulting the loss of cab addresses.

Anyway, i'll order a new chip and see if it makes a difference.

Watch this space.

Edited by tender

Upgrade chip for NCE PowerCab to V1.65B arrived today. 5 min job to install new chip and I'm pleased to say that the

UWT-100, WiFiTrax WFD30 NCE WiFi Interface and PowerCab combination is now working perfectly. 

Edited by tender
Typo