Wiring Block/Distant signals with DR4018

sunrunner4kr

Hi all, couldn’t find a topic in the forum already that helps my current predicament. Hoping someone out there has some experience with connecting signals to DR4018 units.

I’m worried my wiring is incorrect, as I’m not getting the required behaviour.

I have a Z21 system (with the beginnings of iTrain control).
I have a DR4018 to control one DB Main Signal with Distance signal from Viessmann 4414

Based on a thread from another forum: - https://www.1zu160.net/scripte/forum/forum_show.php?id=1098276

I’ve programmed the DR4018 to CV47 value of preset 8 for DB Main Signal, and then programmed the the first two signal groups separately, CV131 (1-4) as value 2 DB_HP, and CV132 (5-8) as value 4 DB_VR.

My understanding is that the whole DR4018 has to be set to one CV47 preset. But having the CV132 set to DB_VR treats it as a Distance signal for the Main signal.

I’ve attached a diagram of my wiring.

I’ve connected both Main Signal wires up to the first Output, and then both sets of green and yellow for the distance signal for outputs 3 and 4.

Both signals share a diode to the common connection.

I’m hoping there’s something obvious straight away t everyone, and I’m being stupid. I’m struggling to get iTrain to control the lights correctly, and I want to rule out my wiring before I get stuck in iTrain troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Untitled_Artwork.jpg.jpeg

I had the same thinking. But Z21 doesn’t have a warning/distance signal object.

I set the DR4018 to be address 80 - so in theory 80-88

So instead, I added a simple on/off signal...and yes, the main signal switches red and green at address 80

I then added a 3 aspect signal, and set to 82 & 83, which I’m assuming correspond to OUT3 & OUT4 and the lights aren’t changing at all.

Screenshot_20201231-164612__01.jpg

Screenshot_20201231-164732.jpg

Edited by sunrunner4kr