Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Results - The Quirky Poll 2020

• RMweb Gold

Quirky or otherwise, the poll ably demonstrates the wide diversification of the hobby. I'm wondering  how many examples from the poll get 'noted' by the manufacturers. 

Well done to Brian & the team, and a Happy New Year to all. 

' Now, I've got this little idea about model xxxx.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Dagworth

Stated at the bottom of the results (as we always did with 'the main Poll').

Brian (on behalf of The Quirky Poll Team)

You might want to check! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Dagworth

I just did - before I advised you to look. Are you having a problem that I'm not?

Edited by Dagworth
Sorry, I miss read it!!!!!
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Look at the text....  

At the top of the results it states that 'the left hand column shows the total number of votes' and under the heading 'Number of voters', the left hand figure is 492, so I think it's clear to most of us that the total number of voters this year was 492, which is one down on last year.  That's probably because I didn't vote this year, as in all honesty, I wouldn't buy any of the quirky suggestions this year, but may have bought a couple of last years suggestions. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh lor......

Yep I voted for Lion/Titfield Thunderbolt.

I also voted for a streamlined B17.

What HAVE I done....

Must admit, the others in the top three are quirky enough to be rather wonderful, though the Bulleid shunter looks a bit like a Class 14 with a cab that has slid to one end due to some rough shunting...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I didn't vote as I wasn't intending to buy any of the items but I note that the Aveling and Porter was high up again. 

Personally I am more interested in the 0-4-0 version listed last year as I would like to build a model based on the interchange with the M&B line at Rotton Park Road on the Harborne Branch. They had one named John Barleycorn. When it was ailing c1948-50 they would hire in from BR, resulting in visits by an L&Y Pug in LMS livery, the LMS 100HP Sentinel in plain black BR and allegedly a Caley Pug visited the area.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just catching up... I got 1st, 4th and one place above mid table.

I look forward to placing pre-orders next week!

As ever, thanks to the "Team".

Kev.

:crazy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Hornby has just announced Lion.

We're not sure if we can 'claim a hit' with this one, but The Quirky Poll Team had the loco listed under the heading of Titfield Thunderbolt in the 2020 Quirky Poll...and that came chuffing in as the Top Polling item. 

Lion (per se) was suggested by a voter, but we wrapped it into The Titfield Thunderbolt heading to be 'quirky'. We will wait to see if Thunderbolt comes along in the future.

Brian (on behalf of The Quirky Poll Team)

PS: The second highest-polling item in 2020 was Bellerophon and that has recently been announced by KR Models. The Top Polling item in 2019 was Rocket and that was announced by Hornby.