Scrap Loco Bodies etc - ALL GONE!

plasticbasher

Hi All,

I have a box of battered, smashed, warped, broken and scavenged loco bodies I am too embarrassed to dare attempting to sell, but offer to anyone who wants them (painting practice? scavenge bits like chimneys or backheads? scrap scene?)

Here is what is there:

• A very early Triang Princess: plastic driving wheels, chassis is literally the frames, the driving wheels and the (?) X-03 motor, loco body is battered but mostly there, tender rolls but has been glued together
  • Six Triang Jinties - expect broken steps, warped footplates, tar-brush repaints and one attempt (I think) to backdate to a Midland 1F.  I'd say two could be called "okayish" condition though if repainted.
  • Two Hornby 1970's "non-descript" 0-4-0 bodies (the clockwork one is actually quite useable, the other one has had "a rich and varied life").
  • A poorly assembled Airfix GWR Prairie kit (just the loco body), which has some separately fitted handrails.
  • A Triang BR Standard 3 Tank - comprehensively battered and bruised.
  • A Triang "Continental" Tank, warped, cracked and missing buffer beams etc.
  • Triang Hornby A3 - much of the cab sides and roof have been smashed off, no smokebox door.
  • Hornby GWR King - no smokebox door and the cab backhead and floor were sawn out (I assume to fit onto a Hornby Dublo Castle chassis or something similar).
  • Triang 3F / 2P tender with bits chopped out of it.
  • Two GBL LNER 8-wheel tender frames.
  • The partial remnants of two Hornby Thomas bodyshells.

I may come across some other "valuable collectors pieces" of a similar quality and throw those in too.

To set expectations to the floor, I don't consider any of this lot to be worth anything,...they have accumulated through job lots I've purchased and are offered as a single bundle for free on the assumption they may useful for scavenging.  Otherwise they go in plastic recycling in a week or two...

I reckon postage would be £3.50ish....you'd pay exactly what it costs me and not a penny more!

plasticbasher

20210102_125251.jpg

Edited by plasticbasher
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, plasticbasher said:

Hi All,

I have a box of battered, smashed, warped, broken and scavenged loco bodies I am too embarrassed to dare attempting to sell, but offer to anyone who wants them (painting practice? scavenge bits like chimneys or backheads? scrap scene?)

Here is what is there:

• A very early Triang Princess: plastic driving wheels, chassis is literally the frames, the driving wheels and the (?) X-03 motor, loco body is battered but mostly there, tender rolls but has been glued together
  • Six Triang Jinties - expect broken steps, warped footplates, tar-brush repaints and one attempt (I think) to backdate to a Midland 1F.  I'd say two could be called "okayish" condition though if repainted.
  • Two Hornby 1970's "non-descript" 0-4-0 bodies (the clockwork one is actually quite useable, the other one has had "a rich and varied life").
  • A poorly assembled Airfix GWR Prairie kit (just the loco body), which has some separately fitted handrails.
  • A Triang BR Standard 3 Tank - comprehensively battered and bruised.
  • A Triang "Continental" Tank, warped, cracked and missing buffer beams etc.
  • Triang Hornby A3 - much of the cab sides and roof have been smashed off, no smokebox door.
  • Hornby GWR King - no smokebox door and the cab backhead and floor were sawn out (I assume to fit onto a Hornby Dublo Castle chassis or something similar).
  • Triang 3F / 2P tender with bits chopped out of it.
  • Two GBL LNER 8-wheel tender frames.
  • The partial remnants of two Hornby Thomas bodyshells.

I may come across some other "valuable collectors pieces" of a similar quality and throw those in too.

To set expectations to the floor, I don't consider any of this lot to be worth anything,...they have accumulated through job lots I've purchased and are offered as a single bundle for free on the assumption they may useful for scavenging.  Otherwise they go in plastic recycling in a week or two...

I reckon postage would be £3.50ish....you'd pay exactly what it costs me and not a penny more!

plasticbasher

20210102_125251.jpg

Great starting points for potential “representatations” (see discussion on the eBay Madness thread!) ;)

• Funny 1

• plasticbasher changed the title to Scrap Loco Bodies etc - ALL GONE!