Great model railway challenge - Netherlands style

Jonboy

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Love the propsed title - "The Big Small Trains Competition" - probably sounds better in Dutch

Probably does.

I believe that, in some languages, the "local equivalent" of "model railways" could be literally translated into English as "small trains".

I wonder if this might be the case in the Netherlands.

Anyway, once the Corona menace gets tamed, I'd quite like it if a mainstream "free to air" channel would commission further series of GMRC. It might not be exactly what some of us are looking for in the way of model railway TV - but it's probably about as close as we're likely to get, that would also appeal to non- hobbyist audiences.

(For example, I know of people who - whilst definitely not into model railways, Kleinbahnen, or whatever they're called - certainly enjoyed watching GMRC.)

Meanwhile, I'm surprised I haven't recently seen repeats of GMRC. With another national lockdown starting to look increasingly likely, I suspect that a number of people would be more than happy to watch if any repeats of series 1 and 2 were to find their way onto a FTA channel.

Just my thoughts - for what little they might be worth (not much at all, judging by certain channels' apparent fixation on certain types of programmes that some of us find unwatchable).

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Huw Griffiths said:

I wonder if this might be the case in the Netherlands.

Translated into Dutch GMRC would be “ Groot Modelspoor Uitdaging” but it wouldn’t surprise me if they just give the show an English title. Either way I’ll be looking forward to watching it

Edited by LimboBrit
Addendum
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...