Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Permanent exhibition sites - where are they and what news of them?

On 06/01/2021 at 11:28, Welly said:

The most interesting part of the layout was that it was automated, signals actually turning red with the trains passing them - there was a large rack of GPO relays working the layout. The trains themselves were rubbish - carriages being held together with electrical tapes at each end!

Used to love the Alton Towers model railway.

More of a big train set than Pendon standard.

But great when you were a kid. Apparently it fell to bits when they tried to move it as the chapel it was in needed urgent repairs. They then sold the stock at auction. ISTR that quite a lot of it was Trix such as Westerns and LNER Pacifics.

Jason

• Like 2

It's long been a source of puzzlement to me that Ron Rising built Corfe to OO standards, given that he was involved with Pendon and therefore must have been familiar with EM.  The trackwork is handbuilt and so is almost all the stock, so it's not as though he was trying to cater for having RTR on there.  Most of the RTR from the 1960s wouldn't run on it anyway, the wheels are too coarse.

That said, Corfe is now open again and I have my first shift on Sunday after 16 months away from the place. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 06/01/2021 at 22:38, Mike Bellamy said:

Apologies - I assumed that the owners of the attraction knew where it was as they called it Wroxham Miniature World and not Hoveton Miniature World - and of course I didn't check the actual address. I know you drive through the area twice a day - remind me which side of the river is 'Effin Clown Town' . . . . . . . . :jester:

Spotted nearby on Station Road is this, having not known the age restrictions before approaching as a family we made our excuses and took the owners advice to go to the kiddies exhibition up the road. I'd never heard of it and it has very little presence on the internet, so please don't tell me we've missed the Pendon of the Broads...

PXL_20210725_153339336.jpg

PXL_20210725_153325068.jpg

• Like 1