A small diversion to the fens extended

4 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Diversion via Titfield? ;)

Yes, how did you guess?

Classic case of mission creep, brought on by some fool on this forum making known that Model Rail had their range of locomotives at discount prices for the virtual Warley event.

So I now have a J70 to go with the coaches!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Cane said:

Yes, how did you guess?

Classic case of mission creep, brought on by some fool on this forum making known that Model Rail had their range of locomotives at discount prices for the virtual Warley event.

So I now have a J70 to go with the coaches!!!

I've got a set of D&S Wisbech & Upwell coach kits packed away somewhere. Bought on a whim at a show many moons ago - acquired on the strength of 'I'll probably never see another one'! :) I shall watch your progress with interest!

W&U is local to me, I've hankered for a layout for many a year. I've still got a K's J70 that I built in about 1964/5, recently repaired after yet another fall. I bought the MR J70 too. Also I've had for many  years, a Bachmann 04; just before Xmas I finished its conversion to a tram loco with 3DP prints added. I have a D&S kit of a 4wh coach just about finished, and the bogie coach to build a well. Another 3DP has seen the office brake van built too. An etched brass Y6 is partially built and running as well.

I really must get round to that layout soon...

I've sketched some plans for Welney (my wife's home village). Additional to the fleet I might add a DRB, the Bristol/ECW version which is on the roundtoit pile, (the bodies were built in E.Anglia at Lowestoft), and there is another 3DP available for a Y10 Sentinel....

Stewart

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Tony Cane said:

Recently completed D&S kits

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

Nicely done! 

It may be a little late, but the Transport Library has a very good photo of two W&U bogie carriages, taken from slightly above, so including roof detail (which you seem to have got spot-on). The item code is LSDC0959 (google "LSDC0959 Transport Library" as the TL internal search is not very good).    

• Tony Cane changed the title to A small diversion to the fens completed
  • Tony Cane changed the title to A small diversion to the fens extended