Any TTS deocder reruns?

meatloaf

• RMweb Gold

Hornby TTS decoders always seem very popular and sell out quite quickly.

I too was hoping for several of their diesel decoders to be rerun, I like the simplicity of their chips and the sounds meet my needs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Me too. No sign of any accessories or buildings either. Though grateful for the effort involved in putting all this info out, I do think there should be a thread on the range as a whole. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Downer said:

Me too. No sign of any accessories or buildings either. Though grateful for the effort involved in putting all this info out, I do think there should be a thread on the range as a whole. 

Theres certainly a few new buildings out - one of which was in the Skaledale range as an island platform station building, using a WEst HIghland station.

My model shop told me that a lot of the components which go into the chips are the same as those used in mobile phones. Given the phone companies have far more buying power it may be that committing to more TTS chips represents too great a delivery risk for Hornby if they then can’t get their hands on the components. Massive shame if so as I love TTS, and would have got 2 or 3 early EMU chips if they had come out.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

9 hours ago, meatloaf said:

I may have  missed it but apart from the new deltic are any other TTS decoders due for release this year? Was hoping for a rerun of the 08 and 20 decoders

I was hoping for them too, especially with both the Hornby and Bachmann class 20 models coming out this year. Hopefully the TTS chips in the 37s, 47s, deltic etc will be sold seperately too. TTS is very popular, I'm surprised they haven't pushed further with them. Still many types to do.

7 hours ago, JohnR said:

Theres certainly a few new buildings out - one of which was in the Skaledale range as an island platform station building, using a WEst HIghland station.

I'm curious about that one (R7304). It's only available on certain retailers. Hattons etc don't show it. At just £4.49 it seems suspiciously cheap. Hornby describe it as 'A detailed section of railway platform', yet their 2pc standard straight skaledale platform retails at £18.99. Not sure what you're actually getting for £4.49.

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hornby HST Valenta TTS decoder pack appears to have come back into stock with Hornby as was charged earlier today for a pair.

Good news as I’d actually forgotten that I’d ordered some.