Consent to use personal data

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Simond said:

.....it's every time I try to access the site, gave up yesterday evening. 

Mine seems a lot more random than that.  Sometimes it happens every page, sometimes occasionally and at other times I can go a while without it appearing at all.  In that case it always waits until I think that the issue has been resolved before appearing again, the little git.  
There probably is some logic pattern to all of this but I can’t be bothered to try and work it out.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, admiles said:

Just in case it provides any clarity I've never seen this request for accepting cookies when using RMweb. I use either a Windows 10 PC or an ipad.

For clarity what version of iOS is on your iPad?

• RMweb Gold

My iPad is currently running iOS 14.2 and I use Safari, but it looks as though an update to 14.3 is now available.

I’ll install it a bit later to see if that helps resolve the current issue.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 4630 said:

My iPad is currently running iOS 14.2 and I use Safari, but it looks as though an update to 14.3 is now available.

I’ll install it a bit later to see if that helps resolve the current issue.

It hasn’t for me.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, admiles said:

Would have to check when home from work this evening. It'll be whatever the latest is I suspect

as I tend to do all the updates it asks for.

OK I just wondered if you were using an older iPad which is limited to the update process, we have two old ones we use for varies duties but they have stopped updating a few years ago, still work OK though.

Without going back over numerous pages, I have both an iMac and iPad and haven't seen the issue on my iMac, only my iPad. Just to add another snippet, I did show the consent form to my wife and she has not seen it before on her iPad, but then she's not browsing RMweb.....;)

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, gordon s said:

I did show the consent form to my wife and she has not seen it before on her iPad, but then she's not browsing RMweb.....;)

... you hope.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, billbedford said:

Could it be that you don't see this thing if 'Consent' is clicked, but it comes up if you try and manage the permissions?

It's either, I have tried both.  Now I just click consent for speed.

• Agree 1

Spoke too soon. I was searching for pcb strip via Google and up came a thread that I had started years ago on RMweb. Clicked on the link via Google and blow me, the consent form came up on my iMac. Interesting that it came up when redirected to RMweb from an outside link, whereas I've not seen it all when going directly to RMweb.....Strange....

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, gordon s said:

Spoke too soon. I was searching for pcb strip via Google and up came a thread that I had started years ago on RMweb. Clicked on the link via Google and blow me, the consent form came up on my iMac. Interesting that it came up when redirected to RMweb from an outside link, whereas I've not seen it all when going directly to RMweb.....Strange....

It happens to me when directed from an email notification, but if logging on and viewing it’s fine, unless I try refreshing the page then I get the consent from come up again.......frustrating as it’s not an obvious pattern yet.

Safari is, according to this https://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share the second largest market share of mobile web browsers after Google Chrome, which I guess is standard on Android devices.  and it's second on desktops too https://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/desktop/worldwide

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the data, but given that the problem appears to be "Safari" and "RMWeb", my guess would be that RMWeb (or the supplier) is going to have to go to the mountain, not the other way around!

Hope it can be sorted because I'm now limited to using RMWeb if I get the laptop out, or I'm having my lunch at work.

atb

Simon

• Moderators

Could someone who's experiencing the problem try this...

Go to the bottom of the page and click on Reset Cookie Options.

0?ui=2&ik=a224510687&attid=0.1&permmsgid

When prompted do the necessary bits with the consent pop-up but don't turn off all the consents as that prevents a cookie from being set up for the login details.

I haven't got an Apple-flavoured device at this end to be able to try if it helps.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I haven't got an Apple-flavoured device at this end to be able to try if it helps.

I’ve just done this on my iPad, Andy.  I’ve left my iPhone as is at the moment as a comparison. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Simond said:

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the data, but given that the problem appears to be "Safari" and "RMWeb", my guess would be that RMWeb (or the supplier) is going to have to go to the mountain, not the other way around!

No problems here using my ipad (obviously using Safari as a browser). Software version 14.3

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

When prompted do the necessary bits with the consent pop-up but don't turn off all the consents as that prevents a cookie from being set up for the login details.

That seems to fix the problem for me on iPad. But I saw the same thing when I cleared my browsing data and cookies and after several hours it came back so can't say definitively yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simond said:

I get the same thing happening on other websites that use the same basic opt-out pop-up. Try this one

Edited by billbedford

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Thanks, let me know how it goes Russ.

I thought all was going well Andy, but the issue remains on the iPad unfortunately.  

196948679_RMweb2-38pm14012021.jpg.e2e1896e3f866370195787375f863ea9.jpg

Curiously the iPhone, which as I mentioned earlier I didn't use the 'Reset Cookie Option' on, has behaved itself despite intermittent use of the past couple of hours.

• Informative/Useful 1