Consent to use personal data

• RMweb Premium

I must admit there have been a flurry of consent forms to sites previously visited since the end of 2020. (last minute compliance with the new regs?)

However once preferences have been set, no repeats, so far. (Windows)

Only Google seems to obfuscate their form so that it is virtually incomprehensible, all others are a straight forward on/off set of choices.

• RMweb Premium

Same here, followed your instructions but still the same, if following a notification from an email it happens every time, if just logged on to RMWeb it’s fine until I refresh the page, then the pop up comes back.

iPad Pro Safari latest update.

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Harlequin said:

That seems to fix the problem for me on iPad. But I saw the same thing when I cleared my browsing data and cookies and after several hours it came back so can't say definitively yet.

Bad news... It’s back.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators

We are looking into this. It's actually been in place since September but appears to have been working fine until recently. Once you either consent or manage options it shouldn't appear again for a long, long time. The problem appears to be with Apple devices. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators

OK; could an Apple user who's experiencing problems try the following for me please?

When prompted with the initial pop-up click on Manage Options/

Cookie1.JPG

At the next screen in the Store and/or access information section click on the button slider so it shows blue next to Consent. This then gives permission for the browser to retain the necessary cookie which records your login information. Without that it will undoubtedly lose that hence the re-occurence.

Cookie2a.JPG

Then click on Submit.

Ignore all the other sliders below regarding ad profiles etc as those should be in non-consented position by default. The Legitimate Interest sliders are moved to accepted by default, the Legitimate Interest is retaining the cookie for login information. If those are slid to off this could impact the retention of the cookie.

Then see how it goes!

Andy

thanks for your efforts.  When I get home, I'll do a bit of a clear out on my ipad and then try to start from scratch rather than selecting the tab (which stays open on my ipad pretty much continuously) and let you know if it helps, but it seems that a couple of others have done so already.  Happy to try anything reasonable to help!

I'm not sure about the Legitimate Interest sliders - there are lots of them under vendor preferences that seem to have no valid reason to be there.  I may be over suspicious but if I don't need them I'm not clear why a vendor should have any reasonable justification in placing a cookie on my device.  The details of what constitute Legitimate Interest are listed on the ICO website, as I'm sure you are aware.

thanks again

Simon

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, billbedford said:

Heres another consent form, which display the same annoying features as the RMWeb one:

1168751427_Screenshot2021-01-15at20_20_38.png.29c8a9cfde735b40af1ddcc78090e924.png

I presume therefore that the fault lies with the suppler of the service. 

I assume that once you have set the "managed" options it pops up again?

BTW if you purge all cookies at the end of browsing you will get that notice again, they need the essential cookies to store the choices, otherwise they don't know whether it is your first or thousandth visit.

Andy

I know you made a comment about saving the cookie that stores the cookie preferences, I believe that falls into the “essential”  category for which no permission is necessary, though my understanding is that the site has to inform visitors that it is so doing.

it’s certainly not popping up now!

cheers

Simon

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Simond said:

it’s certainly not popping up now!

It wouldn't.

9 hours ago, AY Mod said:

that Consent software has been disabled pending further testing.

:)

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Am I having invisible ink issues again?

Er, yes, I saw that you’d disabled it, which has prevented the pop up.  

Hence  the exclamation mark.

I suppose it’s a way of saying “yes, thank you”

Never mind

Edited by Simond
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1