Lockdown 3 taking the opportunity

enginelane

Day 48 Post delivered what I think is the last of the lockdown 1 orders. Two 1950s/60s style fork lifts to work in the lumber yard. 

a little bright to start with but with some city dust weathering powder and a little light rust knocked down the shine . Two of presiers dock yard set installed as drivers ready to more or less complete the lumber scene.

C65F61CD-8B6F-442F-BDCE-6273090C2D3B.jpeg

EE8F2770-C04E-4C41-9BB8-572526F4870F.jpeg

FF2D1AC5-B4F7-487A-8478-5C572EEA8DDF.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 50 Just a small time spent modelling today as proof reading took up most of the day. Painted and first stage weathering of the concrete pad for the metal working shop that will be sited between the tracks on CHIRM. Will have a wooden fence surround. Also with the announcement of B Johnson today will be reviewing what to do in lockdown 3.

DB0EC364-3A02-4F01-9695-71FA6FD6BC4F.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
Added text

Day 51. Post delivered 4 mm scale palleted sacs and IZA so that completes the stock needed for the club layout Bardun’s bagging plant siding. Images of real wagons suggests they have become very dirty whilst in use to the point that if you did it on a model would probably be told it was unrealistic. 

modelling project today was adding fencing and second layer of weathering to the metal working shop for CHIRM.

Longer term in lockdown looking to bring Kiln Lane the small BR 1962 layout to be based in the house. Only problem  is not told the wife yet. 

47C519E2-3BF2-4210-8B50-A2800F50B276.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
Text change

Day 53 Delivery from Wizard replacing the wrong couplings and a hour spent making up mounting wires and preparing the couplings. Instead of using soft iron loops for the dropper I use a staple which when nipped together looks a bit like three link and still gets attracted by a track magnet.

Also dusted on some AK cement powder onto the accurascale palleted sacs to knock off the shine. 

C68A5ED9-70E8-45DB-93BC-E666DEE0F0A8.jpeg

1E16004F-CDCE-4B8D-BA10-CDA8441D42BA.jpeg

• Like 1

Day 53 Delivery from Wizard replacing the wrong couplings and a hour spent making up mounting wires and preparing the couplings. Instead of using soft iron loops for the dropper I use a staple which when nipped together looks a bit like three link and still gets attracted by a track magnet.

Also dusted on some AK cement powder onto the accurascale palleted sacs to knock off the shine. 

Day 59. A few days missed modelling as writing taking up quite a lot of the day. Have spent time looking around for a permanent home for Kiln Lane but sadly nothing has been found suitable without it compromising too much storage  or blocking access to things like the bathroom etc! So it will be stored in the garage and brought out when needed. What has become apparent that by adapting some book shelving i can fit in a 5 ft board x 12 in plus a 39 in fiddle yard so might explore that possibility. 

Missed a few more days of modelling as a tidying up blitz. Quite a bit of stuff has ended up in the bin as being more ruthless what to keep. If if in thirty years never used the bits then not likely to be doing so in the future. Have been doodling what might be done with the 9ft space as well as writing some stories if I decide to publish another book of short stories 

6E343EBA-57C6-4561-AACA-9BC95588E42A.jpeg