The Model Centre

BetweenTheTunnels

No connection with the above company other than as a customer, but have just received an order of Accurascale wagons from them and it was some of the best packaging I have seen in a long time.   Despite the models being secure within their original boxes, each box was wrapped in bubblewrap, positioned within a far larger box, that had air packing bags top and bottom and spongy foam all around on all four sides, plus top and bottom. Order to delivery (with DPD Local) was about four days, all ordered through the website.

My around about way of highly recommending them.  I also had a very well priced Bachmann 37 from them recently which again was quick delivery (Royal Mail) and well packaged.  Would have no problems in using them in the future.

Richie

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I've ordered from them every so often and I agree with the good packaging. I ordered a 1F from them - the courier had a butterfingers moment and dropped it right on my doorstep! Despite the impact, the engine inside the packaging remained very much intact.

TMC are also partial to a good discount every so often, which is how I ended up buying a 1F in the first place,

Edited by MattA
  • Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’m amazed that TMC isn’t more popular than it is. Often their prices are keener than some of the BIG names, and I can vouch for their service when things go wrong. I received a Bachmann 4MT with a wonky buffer (how the hell do these things get past QC?) and they were very quick to arrange a replacement with minimum fuss. Their ‘Free Postage’ threshold is lower than some of the Bigger Boys too. Definitely my ‘go-to’ model shop. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2