Nov/Dec 2020 NARROW GAUGE & SHORT LINE GAZETTE

GW Jim

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year to one and all. May this year be better for us all.

Just a quick question I have regarding a copy of the Nov/Dec 2020 NARROW GAUGE & SHORT LINE GAZETTE. Does anyone know of a UK bookshop that stocks this magazine, please?

Thank you.

James.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Richard.

Thanks for your response. James at Bill Hudson books was the one person who I was aware that stocked them but after checking out his listing did not find any Gazettes, sadley.

Many have to order direct from White River.

James.

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, GW Jim said:

Richard.

Thanks for your response. James at Bill Hudson books was the one person who I was aware that stocked them but after checking out his listing did not find any Gazettes, sadley.

James.

I emailed him directly as I couldn't find them listed on the website. Or give him a ring.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, did this Weds PM, had a reply saying James would check out his stock then get back to me. A waiting game methinks. A bit like trying to find On3 stock!!

Stay Safe, Stay Home & Play Trains.

James.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hiya Richie.

Sadly no and I do not recall ever see it on their stand at shows.

Just wait for James at Bill Hudson Books to come back to me!!

Thanks.

James.

On 06/01/2021 at 20:57, GW Jim said:

If anyone subscribes to the gazette and has it delivered to the UK, do you have to pay import & handling fees when each issue is delivered?

10 minutes ago, ngheaven said:

If anyone subscribes to the gazette and has it delivered to the UK, do you have to pay import & handling fees when each issue is delivered?

No. But you do have to put up with the unreliability of the US Postal Service. In the nearly two years I have been subscribing I have had two issues go missing and on a couple of occasions, I have had issues just a couple of days apart. Not bad for only ten copies.

• Like 1

Thanks both. I'd been eyeing up back issues (Boone Morrison was a huge inspiration when I got into this hobby and I've lost my copies featuring his North Coast RR & Buckhorn Logging) and then got thinking about subscribing. Point about the US Postal Service noted!

• Like 1

If anyone reading this is interested, I have a spare copy of May/June 2020. They sent it when replacing another issue that went AWOL. You can have it for the cost of postage and an envelope.

GONE to ngheaven.

Edited by JZ

2 minutes ago, JZ said:

If anyone reading this is interested, I have a spare copy of May/June 2020. They sent it when replacing another issue that went AWOL. You can have it for the cost of postage and an envelope.

I would be, thank you. I'll message you 

• RMweb Premium

Gents.

The current situation regarding UK delivery of US magazines has improved somewhat since last December. Both White River and Kalmbach Media now use a UK based mailing company (bit unsure what the tecey term is) who distribute around Europe. Indeed The NMRA Magazine, their house mag is published printed by White River also now use this delivery system and so far so good. Up until then, I believe both used a forwarding company based in France.

if anyone requires any information regarding the NMRA British Region please do not hesitate to get in touch as always willing to help.

James.

Just now, GW Jim said:

Gents.

The current situation regarding UK delivery of US magazines has improved somewhat since last December. Both White River and Kalmbach Media now use a UK based mailing company (bit unsure what the tecey term is) who distribute around Europe.

James.

That may explain why I received my Jan/Feb issue a few days ago.

• RMweb Premium

For those of us who have a leaning towards may care to find on youtube programs from the NMRA call 'NMRA-x.

So much info therein it gets hard to take it all in at times but very well done.

james.

6 minutes ago, GW Jim said:

For those of us who have a leaning towards may care to find on youtube programs from the NMRA call 'NMRA-x.

So much info therein it gets hard to take it all in at times but very well done.

james.

I've had a look at a few of their programs. Some interesting stuff there.

• RMweb Premium

For many years US magazines have been transported in bulk to Heathrow , a distribution company nearby then sends them out to subscribers. I don't think the USPS is involved at all. The cost of sending a single issue is very high in comparison.

• 7 months later...

I had a subscription for many years but, as I no longer model the U.S. n.g. scene I have decided to dispose of my collection of NG&SLG's.  Briefly there are complete sets from 1.1994 to 5.2016 and 4 or 5 issues of each year1985 to 1993 (except 1990) nearly all in mint/near mint condition - 173 issues in total.  Not looking for the silly e-bay prices.  Let me know by P.M. if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Ray.