Drum Roll - newsletter tease

• RMweb Gold

If it's coal wagon (I live in hope) let it be one that was around c.1959/60 in the vicinity of South Wales and maybe for umpteen years before that or a couple of decades later in order to widen the market.  But of course it might even be a van - lots of luvverly options there.  But it will probably turn out to be an HEA or a CDA - great for some lucky people.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cheesysmith said:

21 ton HTO/HTV anyone? Or will we finally see them go for the 16ton rot box in all its variations? If they are after a full range of black diamond carrying wagons, these are two low hanging fruit waiting to be picked that are missing. Multiple variations in bodies and brakes from these.

I would be happy with a HTV. I have a few kits somewhere. If I had just finished them then it would be nailed on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Global said:

I’m aware of the Cavalex and actually preordered some, however since that announcement there was a thread about Accurascale having also completed significant work already on something similar. 

The quality and value of Accurascale products would make them my preferred supplier, therefore I’m hoping that they formally announce these soon! 

This isn't Hornby you're talking about. Cavalex have proved with their models so far that they are every bit as good as Accurascale in terms of quality and detail. Their BBA wagon was the best wagon anyone released in 2020 so I think it's a little harsh to assume Accurascale will do a far better job. I have a lot of the Accurascale wagons too so this isn't anti-Accurascale at all. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Oops, seems like we set off the froth machine a bit. We usually just let these run without clues but since there seems to be a bit of interest I will give a couple of further teasers:

1. It's a wagon

2. It's not the HAA 

That's yer lot!

Cheers,

Fran

Happy New Year all, I hope everyone is remaining safe.  

Just tell me when to look for a Class 50 announcement........

Cut down GB Coal Hoppers would follow on from earlier.......

Shame its "yer" and not mis-spelt yea  - I smell a subtle clue!  A YEA perch set would have been nice!  And even better hauled by a DCWA Class 50!

Best Wishes,

C.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Oops, seems like we set off the froth machine a bit. We usually just let these run without clues but since there seems to be a bit of interest I will give a couple of further teasers:

1. It's a wagon

2. It's not the HAA 

That's yer lot!

Cheers,

Fran

Oooo, KSA Timber carriers please :D

• RMweb Gold
On 07/01/2021 at 16:10, Brian Hawkins said:

What ever kind of wagon Accurascale produce it will be rubbish, next week im going to order a bundle of JSA coil carriers i bet they will be rubbish as well.

I’d actually not mind some Rubbish from Accurascale...

Ordsall bin liner service... (GMC Waste train).

funnily enough, just today I found my 1991 spotting book that matched this picture.

I managed to gain a squint if the WTT for that week, in advance, thanks to Moses Gates ticket seller, whom was part of Ronnies Friday night gang at Farnworth Rail and Model Centre..

Times I have for that testing were..(at Ordsall) week 11th June

Monday 0945 60009 (47351 trailing LE behind)

Tuesday 0954 60009

Wednesday 0931 60006 (47378 trailing LE behind)

Thursday 1330  60009 + 47535 (obviously testing went south this day)

Friday 0945 60006

is that an omen... a sign of Rubbish from Accurascale.

interestingly other observations the Monday included..

47818 on the nth Glasgow 1010

47535 (University of Leicester) 1058 Man Vic (ex-Glasgow)

47822 1103 ( stopped at signal MP508 failed until 1159) ? -unknown, but consist was :

9488 5773 5797 5766 5749 5853 1208  (not sure this was Bolton but could be towards Manchester)

37901 1110am northbound Steel flats

47501 1259 Bolton vans: 93596 80804 92170 80960 84211 94135 94023 

I went to Victoria, catching (incase a hint was needed for a loco).. 31232/31147/31306/31417

1455 saw 31143 (yes no heat) head off to Blackpool North - my ride home...

1516 at Bolton (actually Moses Gate.. I took my leave when the train inadvertently stopped) and saw 70000 heading to Carnforth behind it.

Highlight of Tuesday

37421 + 5144 9421 5396 5267 on the 0825 ex Victoria
47105 pulling 37430 (dead) on NSE mk2’s at 1137.

(I was Chasing 71000 going LE to Carnforth this day - yes two days apart two Crewe to Carnforth LE moves ).

And just to full circle it to Accurascale, and saw 56081 on Northbound Cawoods coal at 1509... 

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Is it a shortened version of that long thingy you announced last quarter ?

:yes:

You mean shorty HYA?

You'd expect them to do it at some point or another. As far as I am concerned I think I'd have to trim down on my aggregate hoppers before ordering some of those though.

• Like 1