Drum Roll - newsletter tease

3 hours ago, richscylla said:

This isn't Hornby you're talking about. Cavalex have proved with their models so far that they are every bit as good as Accurascale in terms of quality and detail. Their BBA wagon was the best wagon anyone released in 2020 so I think it's a little harsh to assume Accurascale will do a far better job. I have a lot of the Accurascale wagons too so this isn't anti-Accurascale at all. 

They may match on quality but they’re certainly not as competitively priced.

I have 42 of the Cavalex on pre order at £89.95 per triple pack. If the Accurascale models are priced at a similar amount to some some of their other triple packs that’ll be around £69.95 or £74.95 - that’s quite a big saving for something that’ll be equal or better in quality.

With that saving I’d be likely to go for two full rakes of 36 hoppers. In fact I could probably get a couple of the gorgeous looking 37s too and still be equal or better off that the buying the equivalent number of Cavalex! 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Oops, seems like we set off the froth machine a bit. We usually just let these run without clues but since there seems to be a bit of interest I will give a couple of further teasers:

1. It's a wagon

2. It's not the HAA 

That's yer lot!

Cheers,

Fran

You haven’t defined ‘wagon’ so I say it’s a Bruff road railer With DCC operated adjustable rail wheels and compatible with Faller car system or some new whizz bang DCC road remote control. 

go on, you know you want to

Edited by black and decker boy
E tra idea
  • Funny 2

Conflat P 

Conflat P makes total sense- in N, to go with the Rapido Class 28, and OO to go with the Heljan ones.  Also works with Class 5's...(probably with less smoke, fire, bad language and brimstone than an unconverted Class 28...)

But, I'm just guessing like the rest of you :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach james said:

Conflat P 

Conflat P makes total sense- in N, to go with the Rapido Class 28, and OO to go with the Heljan ones.  Also works with Class 5's...(probably with less smoke, fire, bad language and brimstone than an unconverted Class 28...)

But, I'm just guessing like the rest of you :)

Yes, indeed, a Conflat P. My Condors aren’t proper Condors without them.

Already been mentioned but I'll guess  a HTV  coal wagon as I have in the past  .... Or a ASW POA scrap wagon and  using the same chassis to become a Railease  POA   stone wagon that ran from Dove Holes initially ,   both of  these wagons being built on former ICI PEA Tipair wagons which is another model option ......

• Like 2

Unlikely I know, but would love a BR Anhydrite wagon, another wagon operated in multiple in a single load flow and route for much of their lives, but used more widely in their later lives. But based on other Accurascale wagons, this would encourage multiple sets.

• Like 3