Drum Roll - newsletter tease

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I wonder if the boys at Accurascale have been feeding us red herrings to throw us off the scent and reveal a DMU/EMU tomorrow :locomotive::jester:

2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Not sure how "It's a wagon" can be turned into an EMU or DMU!

Roy

Why not BR did.

They just put a bus body on it and thus the pacer was born.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Certainly is and no-one's got within a sniff of it in this topic have they? Distinctive and different, very detailed, never been RTRed before certainly and I don't think there's ever been a kit for it either.

(The above is just to wind people up for an hour or so before you let it out).

That just smells like a rail crane or a track maintenance wagon of some type.

I did mention waste train earlier. Nothing sniffs like that sniffs, so if thats not close then its certainly not sniffy, I guess therefore its the opposite of sniff, but unsniffy...

ballast cleaner ?

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Certainly is and no-one's got within a sniff of it in this topic have they? Distinctive and different, very detailed, never been RTRed before certainly and I don't think there's ever been a kit for it either.

Aah, it's one of those, just as I suspected!

Mike.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Was there a Fell wagon?

Seriously it sounds like another big wagon like the KUA that was not made in large numbers.

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if its one of those announcements where at 11, but theres no replies until 11.05, because it needs basic primeval human responses of the natural instincts... 

1. Huh, what is it ?

2. Google it

3. return and say oh thats cool, never knew it existed but I must have seen it.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Mel_H said:

Mmm, nice... a jackshaft drive shunter I believe...

GuiDo? GO!

That wasn't my interpretation, but in any case we can now speculate free from the pesky constraints of evidence as the picture has gone.  Very suspicious indeed - looks like the work of the illuminated reptiloids to me.  BTW have you ever noticed that you never see Fran and Hillary Clinton together in the same room?

• Funny 5

13 hours ago, Mel_H said:

I'm going to put my fiver on the MTV (later the Zander), built from the 1970s onwards on 35t tank chassis and finished off in engineers' use. NMP

EDIT: Paul Bartlett's page says: "From 1975 Standard wagon built new open box bodies on the underframes from 150 ESSO vacuum braked tank wagons. These were branded MTV and were used for stone, aggregate, sand, scrap etc. From the late 1980s they were transferred to the Engineers fleet and coded Zander"  Source: https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/mtvzander

MTV .jpeg

I guessed it would be a 4-wheel wagon, as they are cheaper to manufacture, so went for the MTV/Zander as it’s a simple wagon that had a (relatively) long life.

But, I’d have never gone for this in a million years. Indeed, I wasn’t even aware of them, and I class myself as a bit of a wagon geek...

MTV .jpeg

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I wonder if its one of those announcements where at 11, but theres no replies until 11.05, because it needs basic primeval human responses of the natural instincts... 

1. Huh, what is it ?

2. Google it

3. return and say oh thats cool, never knew it existed but I must have seen it.

Well..

I was right.

ive still no idea what it is though.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Thrallwelder said:

Fran 

although the new release is not for me . And to keep us 1980/1990s guys going .. Is there any news on re-runs on existing wagons ..

maybe some more PFA ‘s or indeed the promised livery variation on PCA cements in original Castle cement Branding 

cheers

TW

Hi @Thrallwelder,

Irons are in the fire as they say, so keep an eye out. It's an era very close to our hearts ;)

Cheers!

Fran

• 3 weeks later...

Wallet runs to hide....

In all seriousness of there is something up my street (i.e. present on the network at the moment) I'll be happy, but if not I won't be disappointed either as I have enough stuff I am waiting for already.

In the true nature of these threads, I'd be chuffed if it was a 68, 88 or a 93 (model to turn up alongside the real thing, doubt it though).

I do however expect this will be steam given the hints dished out here and there.

• Agree 2