Drum Roll - newsletter tease

5 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Can't you cope with even one sleepless night? :jester:

:lol:

First day back at work today so had a bad enough night's sleep last night mind racing on what might go on today.

But to be honest I just like the guessing games!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 10/01/2021 at 17:09, Captain Kernow said:

Whichever kit exists in the largest numbers, unbuilt, in everyone's 'stashes'.

If it were me, I'd opt for a Herring or two.

Sorry to go O/T but among my Airfix kit strategic reserve I have 50 (fifty) 16t mineral wagon kits.  i'm pretty sure that is the largest number for any particular sort of  kit but if you're looking for a genuine Airfix turntable kit I could possibly do a nice deal for you;)

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Sorry to go O/T but among my Airfix kit strategic reserve I have 50 (fifty) 16t mineral wagon kits.  i'm pretty sure that is the largest number for any particular sort of  kit but if you're looking for a genuine Airfix turntable kit I could possibly do a nice deal for you;)

Well, if you were to say get 1/3 of the way through building those kits that might just be the necessary nudge for someone to announce them in RTR...

On 09/01/2021 at 14:22, Flying Pig said:

Are we perhaps talking about something which would please Mr Strange (lovely!) and the Stout Conductor?

Also, if Accurascale don't want to invite speculation about non-wagon subjects, why do they head their loco page with an image like this?  I can only surmise that they are very naughty indeed.  Btw my understanding of the picture is that it is not one for Johnny Nice Painter but I could be wrong.

Mmm, nice... a jackshaft drive shunter I believe...

GuiDo? GO!

Edited by Mel_H

On 07/01/2021 at 01:53, Steamport Southport said:

Already been announced by Model Rail though.

Never got the email though. I'm pretty sure I'm on their list.

Jason

Was only announced in the mag, and because MR is semi-banned into the broom cupboard behind the stairs under 'smaller suppliers' (despite the fact that they've delivered more than some of those in the 'manufacturers' category, it's not easy to see what's going on. Shame.

I'm going to put my fiver on the MTV (later the Zander), built from the 1970s onwards on 35t tank chassis and finished off in engineers' use. NMP

EDIT: Paul Bartlett's page says: "From 1975 Standard wagon built new open box bodies on the underframes from 150 ESSO vacuum braked tank wagons. These were branded MTV and were used for stone, aggregate, sand, scrap etc. From the late 1980s they were transferred to the Engineers fleet and coded Zander"  Source: https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/mtvzander

MTV .jpeg

Edited by Mel_H

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Not sure how "It's a wagon" can be turned into an EMU or DMU!

Roy

It was said with tongue-in-cheek, that’s why I said “being fed red herrings”, so we’re all expecting a wagon and Accurascale go “ta da” and reveal a DMU or EMU.  We’ll find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

It was said with tongue-in-cheek, that’s why I said “being fed red herrings”, so we’re all expecting a wagon and Accurascale go “ta da” and reveal a DMU or EMU.  We’ll find out soon enough.

How soon till we find out though? I'm kinda hoping to see a kettle.

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

11am, folks! 

Honestly, it is a wagon. But don't worry, I see some more intriguing announcements in our near future. Not that this wagon isn't interesting, it is! I mean more of the "powered model" variety.

Cheers!

Fran

I'd like this to be that FNA-D to be quickly followed by a class 88 with powered pantograph.

Probably not loads of people as keen as me for this.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

11am, folks! 

Honestly, it is a wagon. But don't worry, I see some more intriguing announcements in our near future. Not that this wagon isn't interesting, it is! I mean more of the "powered model" variety.

Cheers!

Fran

now you have dropped another bomb shell with many wallets running for cover with the statement, announcement, near future and powered model in the same sentence.

• Funny 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Not that this wagon isn't interesting, it is!

Certainly is and no-one's got within a sniff of it in this topic have they? Distinctive and different, very detailed, never been RTRed before certainly and I don't think there's ever been a kit for it either.

(The above is just to wind people up for an hour or so before you let it out).

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1