Drum Roll - newsletter tease

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cornelius said:

Classic American 4-4-0 in HO scale with working wood fired live steam.

Sounds reasonable actually as Accurascale has clearly been into 4 wheeled items of late.  So going for four once more  could mean 4+4+0 - although I doubt it would w be US outline and as it's Accurascale not Irish Railway Models it will be a British engine and not CIE or constituents thereof.   Now which railways had a  4-4-0?

Edited by The Stationmaster
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Wallet runs to hide....

In all seriousness of there is something up my street (i.e. present on the network at the moment) I'll be happy, but if not I won't be disappointed either as I have enough stuff I am waiting for already.

In the true nature of these threads, I'd be chuffed if it was a 68, 88 or a 93 (model to turn up alongside the real thing, doubt it though).

I do however expect this will be steam given the hints dished out here and there.

An 88 would be fantastic given the work that’s gone into the 92 and would certainly make my wallet run and hide! If it is great, if not will quietly keep waiting. 

A lot of the comments about 4 wheeled and steam do make me agree that it will be going this way and make a nice addition to their range. If it is my wallet can come out of hiding - will have to wait and see come 12pm! 

Sure what ever it is, it will be greatly received and of the usual bar raising standard that we’ve come to expect  from these guys. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/01/2021 at 22:44, Covkid said:

The wagons I was thinking of were the Trailer Train units with their rubber tyres. IIRC they use to pass on a Mossend-Wembley class 4 which detached them at Rugby.  I think this was in Transrail days before EWS took over. Again, I think there were 4 wagons and they were owned by an American company - Trailer Train may have been a brand.

I think the wagons had a centre spine and the specially constructed trailers were loaded onto the railway vehices wit hthe road wheels still attached. 

Great bit of information. 

I'm looking into modelling this set. 

Thanks for sharing 

Phil