Trains On Time

Soundloco

We came across this trader by accident and noticed they supply some R-T-R items fitted with Sound. As we was thinking of getting the Bachmann Arriva Wales class 150 we both said why not get one fitted with Sound as all our sound items are loco’s. We placed an order on-line and within an hour recieved a reply confirming order. We was informed they are awaiting more sound units but will be in the next day. True to there word we recieved an email the next afternoon saying order despatched and giving us a Parcelforce tracking number. The unit was delivered next day. Sadly when unpacking we noticed a broken piece of one units exhaust. This couldn’t have happened when packing unit after adding the sound bits, so must have been done during transit. We contacted Trains On Time and Daniel replied saying they would exchange the unit. Arrangements were made for Parcelforce to pick up the unit and take back and a new one was despatched. On checking the replacement all was in order. Now going to run it in for a while.

The sound unit is a Howes/ESU one and the service from Trains On Time was great, and we will use these again.

Check there web site for more details www.trainsontime.co.uk with next day delivery only £4-50.

Thanks to Daniel for help/advise and understanding.

Hello Soundloco

I would completely agree with your post.

I personally have bought alot from them although

I visit them as they are near myself.

Daniel is most helpful and not bad at making the tea also.

John

I visited them earlier this year to buy a sound fitted 37. the weather was awful that day pouring with rain. they offered to give me a lift back to the station. great service. not many shops would do that.

I visited them earlier this year to buy a sound fitted 37. the weather was awful that day pouring with rain. they offered to give me a lift back to the station. great service. not many shops would do that.

We are pleased you guys found them helpfull as we did and it seems we need to go up to visit them for a cup of tea. As said we found them by accident and sometimes finding things or places this way works out for the best and it seems it has done so this time. We will use them many more times in the future.

A great shop, I bought their last (I think) Hornby 'Bude' with the stanier tender for £49.99! The charging was prompt, as was the delivery. An exceptionally good shop, couldn't be happier with my purchase!

No connection, just a satisfied customer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 30-something

Popped to Paisley today for a visit to Trains on Time, great shop, very friendly and helpful staff. Went in for buffers, came out with a Bach DCC fitted 150!!!!

Definately will visit again

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know how accurate their website is for stock? I am looking at the idea of getting a clan and a weathered version appeals to me. I would also want to get the Howes Britannia/Clan sound chip fitted by them.

Hi, Ed-farms!

If you live in the UK, phone them up and ask them about the stock level - they were very polite, friendly and helpful when I had a similar question a couple of months ago!

They also do respond to e-mail enquiries in my experience, but you may have to wait a day or two depending on their opening times and work load.

Nice people, I'll be doing some part-exchange business with them before too long, I hope!

Richard

Does anyone know how accurate their website is for stock? I am looking at the idea of getting a clan and a weathered version appeals to me. I would also want to get the Howes Britannia/Clan sound chip fitted by them.

Any time I have visited them and buy anything from them they remove it from the web site not sure what happens at weekend when they are at exibitions a phone call will clarify any of your queries always had first class service from them.

Their Bachmann Scottish class 37's seem extremley good value specially the sound ones OK just under 200 quid seems a lot but you do get a sound chip a totally resprayed loco and what looks top flight weathering. I rang them up and spoke to Daniel who was very helpfull specially as I wanted the the f-key sounds moved around - "yes no probs" so I await my first loco from them.

My loco arrived today and wow mega packaging they certainly look after their orders! The loco was brilliantly weathered but unfortunately the Howes sound chip was let down by the standard speaker. This will be rectified by fitting a loksound speaker in a fuel tank, I've already checked the Howes chip in another so fitted loco and its improved the sound 10 times!!

Hi Everyone,

Thought my experience with Trains on Time was worth sharing - after seeing an item of interest on ebay I sent an e-mail directly to them and got a friendly response straight back from Daniel, I contacted him back to let him no I would be placing an order and as soon as I had a day off contacted him with payment details and my order was despatched straight away. I was e-mailed first an order confirmation and then a despatch tracking number as well - all done same day and that was for a special, weathered model with Howes sounds. Loco was sent very well packed next day delivery! The weathering is brilliant and the loco could go straight into use on my layout and you can see the results for your selves in my Rannoch layout thread. This is exceptionally good service and I will certainly be using again for more sound chips and perhaps other loco specials of interest that they have on their website.

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 months later...

Another 'thank you' from a very satisfied on-line customer!

On Friday morning, I spotted a nice second hand loco on their web-site. I wondered whether the site is 'live' or if someone else might have beaten me to the loco. I need not have worried! By the time I had entered my card details, etc, 'my' loco had disappeared from the second-hand page. Within an hour, I had received the e-mails confirming the transaction and that the loco had already been sent.

It arrived in Norfolk less than 24 hours after despatch from Paisley, very carefully packed (it was an unboxed loco).

So, it most certainly is a live website, and I received excellent service! Thoroughly recommended!

Richard

• 1 month later...

hello all

I cant rate Trains on Time highly enough after the outstanding service that i have recieved the last few days after corresponding with one of the staff over the purchase of a limited edition class 37 for some work to be done on it. The engine in question is Regional railways liveried 37427 which is set to become 37425 Concrete Bob. The shop was already planning to renumber some and so had one that could be sent. I spoke and they tried to get pictures down but the way in which they were friendly and tried to help was outstanding.

11/10 for service, and I know they are prompt and reliable with postage of items.

Brilliant - watch out Hattons and Rails, youve got competition here and in a lot of ways its winning!

Highly recomended, will certainly purchase more from this shop again.

• RMweb Gold

Last week I became a customer of Trains On Time by purchasing a weathered S&DR 7F with sound which arrived in the far south east by the following business.

Stuck the loco on the track and listened to the sounds - the coasting "clank" really blew my mind!! Decided that it was time to run-in the loco so sent it off ambling round the test circuit for 15 minutes. Stopped the loco and then set it off in reverse but half-a-circuit later the loco ground to a halt...and has not moved since then :( . Standing sounds still worked so seems like a mechanical problem with the loco.

Contacted Daniel and he immediately said that the loco should be returned and he advised that he would get ParcelForce to collect the parcel. Four hours fifteen minutes (yes 4 hours 15 minutes!!) ParcelForce collected the package!!!

Whilst chatting with Daniel I asked him about fitting a pannier sound decoder in one of my London Transport panniers - he said send it back with the 7F and he'd sort it.

Fantastic service!! :)

Keith

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

De -chipped and sound moduled new Bachmann split-box 37049 ordered on-line Friday 14:29. E-mail from Daniel confirming despatch via UPS at 15:43. Safely arrived today 11:41,snug in UPS container.Loco nice and working well! Service gets no better than this.BRAVO!!

I've had a few dealings with Daniel. The second took some effort by Daniel to be finally rectified. As long as they have what I want it's still my first port of call. Great service through out. I keep threatening a visit, but the wife say's "NO", understandable. I'd end up coming out bankerupt.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of any problems at Trains on Time? I've tried contacting them several times by email with no response. I've tried to phone and each time it rings for 30 seconds then seems to switch to fax. Perhaps a JCB through the phone line?

Archived