How can you switch on/off LEDs using NCE mini panel or similar via the power bus?

Edward

• RMweb Premium

I am powering some LEDS using the "Block Signalling" PSU4.  It can be fed either directly from AC wall plug or from the DCC track bus.  My principle on the layout is to have only the track and the NCE Cab bus running between the several boards.  Points & signals are controlled by Alpha D Switches and I have just set up a mini panel to do routing etc.  It all runs on 5 amp NCE pro box.

I wondered if you could simply switch the PSU4 off with a command through the DCC system using some sort of relay?

In principle yes,  you need some sort of accessory device which will respond to commands. Either an accessory decoder, or possibly the NCE AUI device.   Then a circuit to interface the relay to the accessory device (many simple relay assembled circuit boards will do it).  

- Nigel

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, arff999 said:

Hi.

Use a Train Tech digital relay to switch the power feed.

And use a switch connected to the minoi panel to turn it on and off

Regards.

John. 

Many thanks for this!  I've just ordered the Relay Controller from Train Tech which looks to be exactly what's needed. I'll use the Mini Panel to activate the relay as there are several spare inputs.

Edited by Edward
acccuracy