If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Hornby class 86 in swallow livery

125_driver

On 17/01/2021 at 21:05, 125_driver said:

Will offer £80 (well above the market value) for anyone who's prepared to let one of these go!! Thanks.. 

Someone else on here was after this exact model last year and had a devil of a time getting one then too. 

They also did 86404 (or 5) in the same livery. Maybe one of those and the requisite aftermarket accessories from Fox?

Too be fair i think that was me last year! There was a period when they kept coming up on ebay but at present they don't seem to be coming up.

With Heljan swallow 86s available on eBay for 99 quid id hope that an inferior Hornby one should come up at some point, especially when I'm happy to pay daft money for it!. The Heljan ones are no good to me as the top speed on them is too slow, I like my trains to run fast! A good scale 110mph ! 

• Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/01/2021 at 23:45, 125_driver said:

Loco acquired,  thanks to those who pointed me in right direction.

Hi. Is this Chinese made and with a better motor and wheels a la railroad class 90? Tempted to get one but don’t want a Margate ring field under the hood...

3 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Hi. Is this Chinese made and with a better motor and wheels a la railroad class 90? Tempted to get one but don’t want a Margate ring field under the hood...

To be clear there are two sorts of Chinese Class 86 mechanism. The Ringfield motor has all wheel pickup and a 5 pole armature, but the last version issued had a completely revised chassis with worm driven power bogie and DCC socket, as per the Railroad Class 90. I believe only the later Freightliner issue was made with this chassis and it is pretty much the most sought after Hornby 86.

• Informative/Useful 1