Bovey Tor

Gedward

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gedward said:

Once more with feeling.

Coal final_03v.jpg

That backscene is jolly clever, George. Perfectly in keeping with the look of the buildings.   Proper joined up modelling. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

a moody Dartmoor

Excuse me !

It's always nice down here, you just need to take the dark glasses off !!! :jester:

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, bgman said:

Excuse me !

It's always nice down here, you just need to take the dark glasses off !!! :jester:

You're right, it never rains but it pours.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Work has started on the small goods shed plinth. The good shed will be a typical corrugated structure with sliding doors.

Where would we be without Blu tack though?

Goods Shed_01.jpg

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Gedward said:

Work has started on the small goods shed plinth. The good shed will be a typical corrugated structure with sliding doors.

Goods Shed_01.jpg

Jolly good. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Whilst that's very true, would you let us know what it is and whence it came, please?

It's made from basswood strips from 4D model shop in east London.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Gedward said:

Fantastic! lovely job :good:

5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That's interesting to see, it's made my decision as to whether to use plàstic or wood to create an identical structure under a grounded PBV body.

Copycat :P hehehe

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

This wouldn't post earlier, but as I pinched the track plan from Shipzton, I might as well pinch some of the sheds too.

449301445_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_images97OWKGHW.jpg.20d76c6be69cd4b515b7beb5c20fde03.jpg

Well if it looks good, tastes good and by golly...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

This BR lorry arrived yesterday along with some milk churns. Added a logo and will probably end up respraying a turquoise colour. Plus some suitable weathering and matting down.

OConnor2.jpg

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

That's the trestle base, now for the shed.

Trestle base.jpg

For such a run of the mill item, by using real wood there is so much character in there. 

Top stuff. 

Rob. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That looks fantastic, as if it's been out in the wind and rain forever. Keep up the good work!

Many thanks. The goal is to pretty much, get all the main structures sorted first. Then moving on to the platform and surrounding terrain.

George

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Looks really good to me.  I'm going to use something of a similar siz eI think, but perhaps wooden built throughout.

Many thanks. I guess this is what happens when you mate a provender store with a lamp hut.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Though to be fair, the GWR wouldn't have spent money on unnecessarily large facilities. If goods traffic increased, they'd have put up another tin shed, or an old coach body.

Absolutely. Did a fair bit of research but most of the sheds were way too big for this little goods yard. And would over power the main station building. Much rather have a ton of little sheds any day.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Exactly what I did. I pinched my track plan from Shipston on Stour and turned it into a through station. It wouldn't then justify such a massive shed as the one that stood at Shipston. (Shame, because I like tin sheds) 

So in order to blend in with the shiplap Golden Valley Railway architecture of the station building, I opted for reworking the Wills' goods shed store. It's had internal framing, a side access door and steps, a brick base and externally hung doors so far. A level of weathering relevant to the 1930s is what's now required. The downpipes and roof have been painted since this photo.

IMG_20210320_172245.jpg.e9cd4d5fee8a3ac7506f31aab3b780b5.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4