EM Gauge Society annual report

hayfield

Received my copy of the latest Newsletter today and I see from the annual report both the membership has increased and there has been a healthy surplus made this year. I see turnover has dramatically increased, no doubt led by sales of track, which seems to have been a very wise as well as welcome addition

Can I just say a big thank you to all those concerned for all their hard work.

The newsletter looks to be a very interesting read as well this month

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

It was indeed a very impressive performance. Even if the amounts of subsidy for the EXPO EM events had been paid, there would still have been a healthy surplus.

Well done to all concerned.

1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

The Peco track seems to have been a good seller!

Would the increase in turnover and profits allow an increase in the RTR track range ?

With Wayne of FinetraX bringing out easy to build EM gauge kits, I expect this will certainly not only increase interest in the gauge, but sales for the flexitrack, as the only other choice for a thick based flexitrack is Exactoscale. Whilst I doubt if any commercial tie up is beneficial ensuring a lack of duplication would be beneficial to both

Certainly some form of precast common crossing could be an interesting addition to the parts range 

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Would the increase in turnover and profits allow an increase in the RTR track range ?

With Wayne of FinetraX bringing out easy to build EM gauge kits, I expect this will certainly not only increase interest in the gauge, but sales for the flexitrack, as the only other choice for a thick based flexitrack is Exactoscale. Whilst I doubt if any commercial tie up is beneficial ensuring a lack of duplication would be beneficial to both

Certainly some form of precast common crossing could be an interesting addition to the parts range 

There was a mention of sales exceeding forecasts being enough to consider expanding the range.

I don't think anything is firmed up yet but a crossing was the item suggested.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Who'd have thought we'd be having (healthy) competition in EM trackwork?!!

I can see OO being obsolete in a few years.

Mike.

That would be nice if we did, there are and have been for a while 3 other makes of plain track, (SMP, C&L & Exactoscale) only 2 types are not available to non members. There will always be non members and this group will only grow if the trend to EM gauge continues. 

I hope the die in the hole 00 gauge modellers don't take your remark seriously, as there is a small group who would get very upset at the thought. But your remark is very valid. There are a large group of buyers of RTR locos who demand accuracy down to the last rivet, yet totally ignore the gauge, like you I think the penny will drop and they will demand much more accuracy with the gauge !!  It will take one manufacture to break ranks / take a leap of faith / see a gap in the market. Most kit manufacturers woke up to this many years ago, and we see how Peco reacts to competition all be it seems to have ground to a halt since the competition has vanished

• Like 2

As of 3/11/20  1618  plus 27 (Jan ?) more since Nov 3rd Total 1645. There were a few who failed to renew on time, so there could be a few more as a few members renewed their membership at shows, (which were all cancelled last year) So a few late renewals are expected.

Edited by hayfield