1988 - 1994 OO South Yorkshire terminus with industry (yet to be named)

russellwar

So with the last year causing some restrictions in working and a workload from the past 10 years being a little less, it thought I would finally get something done over the past year on the layout that was thought about here

the boards are from an old n gauge project and I added to it to take the layout round the room. The first photos show the fiddle yard during testing.

The main storage roads are Peco flexi track but I linked them to Tillig Elite with the peco multi code joiners.

IMG_7449.jpeg

IMG_7451.jpeg

IMG_7449.jpeg

Edited by russellwar
  • Like 3

• russellwar changed the title to 1988 - 1994 OO South Yorkshire terminus with industry (yet to be named)

Will pop in from time to time to keep a eye on what you are doing, as it is my home area.

As for the industry, have you thought about a scrap yard? There has been quite a few through the years, as the metals were always wanted by the steel industry, and would allow you to have quite a varied stock (EMUs and electric locos in Rotherham for example).

• Like 1

The board that links front to back so to speak has 2 short sidings. I had planned to make a small shed or stabling point, however I have run into a problem that the curve into the sidings from the fiddle yard is too tight for a Bachmann 37. I need to check a couple of other locos but I think co-co arrangements will struggle. If this is the case then I will most probably create 2 sidings for DMU’s

IMG_7470.jpeg

there is a y point on the main as this was the only way I could get access to all fiddleyard roads. I would want this on an exhibition layout but as it will stay at home it will be fine hidden by the scenic break

Edited by russellwar

The main scenic boards seen looking towards the station. The industry sidings discussed here will be based on the Cobra building at Wakefield.

I am now slowly working on checking the running of all the lines into the station. Came across some dodgy wiring today so this week will be trying to debug and tidy the last couple of boards wiring. 

The last photo looks out from the station. Platforms are numbered 1-6 (from the right in the photo). 1,4 & 5 will mainly handle dmus. The gap between 4 and 5 will be a disused middle road. I wanted to have the center road but unfortunately the baseboard joint offered no possibility to lay the point. there is also a short siding for a station pilot as I have a large selection of 08’s. This will be used in conjunction with platforms 5 & 6 that will also have prxeös traffic. 
Platforms 2 and 3 have been modelled to take a cross country HST set or even have a loco run round or a new loco attached.

IMG_7469.jpeg.835a2505b998575816432bbc63f6bdc4.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Managed to get the track sprayed with rust and then sleeper grime. Used a new airbrush (Iwata high performance plus from eBay) . Made spraying sleeper grime possible without masking. Have now experimented with woodland scenics stone ballast secured with Klear which seems to give the look I desire on one of the platforms. Now everything is tested and sill working so time to ballast the lot.  Just in dilemma whether I do the signaling first?

99AA9053-4DFA-47A2-AAD1-9EFDC291F701.jpeg

65128A06-1A66-4F1E-AA20-E9F774502821.jpeg

• Like 3