Roger Chivers etched PMV in 4mm now with added Roxey vans

jonhall

I spent a quite enjoyable evening working on this the other day.

I'd started by looking for the missing end from my Parkside BY, but when I found this part built Chivers kit in one of the boxes, I decided that would fill my time just as well.

The previous owner (I bought it from the estate of a fellow club member)  had built the basic box and added the doors, so my activity was cleaning off the tarnish then soldering on the strapping, vents, and then folding out the W irons and trussing - I seem to be missing the second V iron on the vac cylinder, so will have to source something suitable.

I had to increase the clearance for the wheels in the floor above the W-irons, but when I looked at the packet the wheel came, in they do say EM, so that would explain it - I'll push them in a bit or swap for some OO when I get round to it.

Jon

image.png.d6dcaa0c0f3485854c367bccf38e25ef.png

Jon

Edited by jonhall
  • Like 8

• jonhall changed the title to Roger Chivers etched PMV in 4mm now with added Roxey vans

I've probably had these two on the workbench for half a lifetime, as a teenager I used to regularly 'help' on the Roxey stand at exhibitions, and I think I aquied these two out of the reject box. 

First up 4C8 which I think is an LSWR Milk van. I think that this was etched in error in 20 thou! at some point I've been back to Dave and bought bogies and castings, along with a vac formed roof - not one of my favourite activities, but it has been cut to size this week - I need to work out what remains to do before finishing - I suspect its actually best glued on after painting and glazing, so to keep the shape, I've just taped it in place, hopefully not for another couple of Decades!

image.png.8aa6c1545547a71a8cc798926531f440.png

Jon

• Like 4