If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings from Manchester

Mol_PMB

Hi,

My real name is Paul, but I more often answer to 'Mol', an abbeviation of my surname.

Until about 10 years ago I had done quite a lot of railway modelling mostly in 7mm scale both standard and narrow gauge.

For the past decade I've done virtually none because a 305mm:ft scale project has taken precedence. In COVID lockdown I can't travel to work on that loco, so I have rediscovered 7mm scale modelling.

I have selected a prototype close to home - the Manchester Ship Canal Railway. I've chosen a loose '1960s' period, a decade where the Canal was very busy but the railway was in decline despite modernising with a new fleet of diesels. At present I have built a few wagons which are shown in the attached photo, taken outside to benefit from the winter sun.

I am working on a couple more wagons and a diesel locomotive kit-bash which has turned into a bigger job than I had imagined!

After encouragement from a few friends, I have joined the forum to learn from others' experiences (particularly with new technologies such as sound and 3D printing) and to present my current project.

Thanks to Andy for helping me create the account.

Regards,

Mol

timber_train.jpg

• Like 5