CLASS 26 HELP REQD

RBC

Wondering if anyone can help with the following.

The Class 26's that were in Railfreight Coal Livery, were they based at Haymarket prior to Eastfield ???

If so did any get a 'Haymarket Castle' bodyside emblem/sticker prior to the fitment of Eastfield cast plates ?

If so anyone got any pics, I've trawled and found nothing.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Not in coal livery to the best of my knowledge, the Eastfield allocation was a paperwork exercise, as the 26s only returned there in later years for heavy repairs, most of the time they were at other depots. AFAIK haymarket emblem was only seen in the blue years.

If you care to look on my Flickr site (google Brush Veteran Flickr) or try this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/59835095@N02/albums/ and look on the Class 26 TOPS album you will find images of all the coal sector liveried class 26 locos and their previous and later liveries. They lasted long enough at Haymarlet to see Railfreight red stripe livery but were transferred to Eastfield around 1988 time when Haymarket became a DMU depot upon receipt of new 158's for the Glasgow-Edinburgh routes. The coal sector 26;s spent most of their time at Millerhill, Thornton,  and Motherwell whilst they were allocated to Eastfield, which became their heavy maintenance depot. I hope this may assist the answer to your query.