Correctly sleeper spaced 00 track and RTP points

AdeMoore

• RMweb Premium

Hi all looking for some correctly spaced 00 track save the hassle of respacing Peco I currently do.

I saw the legacy stuff on Hattons Here cheap at a guess as double that price but out of stock on DCCC site Here .

Its intended for building your own points etc. I haven’t the time! Anyone used it? I’m thinking  it could be used with Peco code 75 but not sure. Or is it simpler to use Peco bullhead and points though not much of a range there so that’s another code 75 job to make it work.

Any further tips gratefully received.

cheers

Ade

Edited by AdeMoore
Binned DCC idea

The Hattons track is stainless steel but it is a bit difficult to solder. You might take a look at SMP. It's been around for ever and Markway still sells it. They also have kits to make points, but if you want ready to use points you are pretty much stuck with Peco at the moment although there are some interesting developments here

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/160234-new-range-of-simple-to-assemble-00em-gauge-pointwork-kits/

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, AndyID said:

The Hattons track is stainless steel but it is a bit difficult to solder. You might take a look at SMP. It's been around for ever and Markway still sells it. They also have kits to make points, but if you want ready to use points you are pretty much stuck with Peco at the moment although there are some interesting developments here

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/160234-new-range-of-simple-to-assemble-00em-gauge-pointwork-kits/

Andy cheers for the reply not thought about soldering the stainless steel valid point.

Your link is interesting I’ll keep an eye on that.

I had a quick Google this thread on another forum proved interesting. Linky  particularly the last post 20, although 18 months on I think it still holds firm?

Marcway SMP seems to be the go to there.  I’ll have to look into going from code 100 to SMP think Peco do something in code 75 to code 100.

Then I’m curious about the Markway point kits Linky nothing of to tight a radius though. Us with little room like little points! Cheap enough I think for a better look.

Ill keep looking I think my option of using the Legacy stuff has been binned.

cheers

Ade

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I didn’t get as far as ordering anything earlier in the year.

Andy’s link to Marcway was handy but no online shop? Is it a call them for a quotation thing?

Then the British Finescale link seems to be coming along in N but no 00 track yet only a 00 point/turnout.

Linky  there is track components though but code 40 so probably to fine for me.

I probably need some this winter so unsure if that range will develop fast enough for my needs.

Anyone with any thoughts please feel free to comment below.

cheers

Ade

• AdeMoore changed the title to Correctly sleeper spaced 00 track and RTP points