Orders

blueeighties

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I placed an order recently and received the usual email acknowledgement and request for payment by cheque.

This stated "THE ORDER YOU HAVE PLACED WILL BE KEPT ON THE SYSTEM FOR THREE WEEKS AND THEN DELETED IF NO PAYMENT RECIVEVED, IF PAYMENT RECIVED THE ORDER

WILL BE HELD UNTIL THE TIER LEVEL IS RELAXED AND THE PAYMENT CAN BE BANKED SAEFLY AND THE ORDER CAN BE SAEFLY SENT."

I sent a cheque which has managed to be banked but then received another email saying that the order can't be fulfilled until "the restrictions are lifted to an extent that it is safe for me to venture out and my suppliers are back up and running again" So if you order now and send payment it will be cashed but it appears receiving the goods may be some time away.

• RMweb Gold
On 29/01/2021 at 22:28, ruggedpeak said:

I placed an order recently and received the usual email acknowledgement and request for payment by cheque.

This stated "THE ORDER YOU HAVE PLACED WILL BE KEPT ON THE SYSTEM FOR THREE WEEKS AND THEN DELETED IF NO PAYMENT RECIVEVED, IF PAYMENT RECIVED THE ORDER

WILL BE HELD UNTIL THE TIER LEVEL IS RELAXED AND THE PAYMENT CAN BE BANKED SAEFLY AND THE ORDER CAN BE SAEFLY SENT."

I sent a cheque which has managed to be banked but then received another email saying that the order can't be fulfilled until "the restrictions are lifted to an extent that it is safe for me to venture out and my suppliers are back up and running again" So if you order now and send payment it will be cashed but it appears receiving the goods may be some time away.

That is appalling.

• Agree 1

Well I haven't even had the courtesy of a reply, or request for payment. I understand the current situation, I run an online business myself and it has thrived the last year due to increased uptake of hobbies and online shopping. 

Being able to travel to a bank to pay cheques in, but being unable to do anything else to fulfill a customers order sounds distinctly odd to me.

I need these parts to complete customer orders, I'm now sourcing an alternative supplier.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Sent a note regarding the payment and got a rapid reply advising that the order would be sent out within 2 weeks, so that is good news. Assuming it arrives (need it for lockdown project!) then all good, just needs to review comms.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I placed an order via email, received no response or request for payment. Asked a friend to place the order, response by email within the day, payment sent, and a month or so later items in the post.

Come on Peter, what have I done wrong?

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The antiquated order system isn't good.

I had to order a new chequebook to send payment and by the time it arrived, it was outside the "three week window" and was told to place another order.

Oh well.

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 2

• 2 years later...

I'm still trading and I'm still taking orders please contact me through the contacts page on my website and list the items you want to order and I will email you back?

An error has occurred with the shopping cart system, I have a fix going trough but it will bot be a quick fix.

It may work out to be better but only time will tell.

phd_designs@phd-design-etchings.co.uk

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...