Train Departure Announcement Generator and Soundscape Software

Hawksey

Hi Neal

An iOS and Android version is being planned but it will be some months away. It will need completely re-writing in a different programming language, tested, sent for approval

by Apple/Google (and paid for) for it to be available in their stores, which unlike windows/mac is the only way to distribute apps/software. 

It will happen...it's just going to take awhile 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

...and for those that don't want/have a PC next to their layout (exhibition layouts?) I'm currently working on a small 60x60mm button operated 'player'.

It's capable of playing upto 255 pre-recorded announcements/sounds selectable from an 8x8 button matrix and has a built in audio amp so you'll just need a speaker and 5v or 12v power.

Announcements can be user generated using the new recording feature on the Announcement Generator software and saved onto microSD card or maybe supplied pre-programmed.

No firm costs yet but probably going to be around £40 for the unit with a blank microSD

Would there be any interest in this?

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 16/10/2021 at 16:39, Hawksey said:

Hi Mike

The license key is linked to a single pc but I'm happy to supply a free extra key for your laptop, just let me know when you're ready and the laptop System ID code as shown on program start-up or in the settings page. The keys will work with the current version and the forthcoming BR version.

Brilliant. Thanks Philip.
I've just ordered the license key and a couple of custom files!
Look forward to having a good play.
Waaaay, down the line when I get the laptop that will be stationary in the shed sorted I'll give you a shout for help with the transfer!

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Some progress on iOS and android versions and a steam era version, but due to other work commitments it's very stop start and slow.

Would expect mid year until able to release anything.

The current windows versions (BR and 2k) are now on version 1.3  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hawksey said:

The current windows versions (BR and 2k) are now on version 1.3  

Hi Philip,

I currently have a licenced V1.0 copy.  How do I upgrade to v1.3?   Do I simply download the latest evaluation copy and use the existing registration code?

Steve

Hi Steve

I've had to change the licencing ID since v1.0 so if you download and install the latest send me the new system code and I'll send you a new unlock code that will work with this version and any future updates 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, two tone green said:

Steam era pre Beeching, yes please. Lots of stations for West Wales required. 

The current BR version has every passenger station ever opened, so all pre Beeching are there

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/02/2022 at 21:08, Hawksey said:

The current BR version has every passenger station ever opened, so all pre Beeching are there

I realise its all in development, but is there a "Change at" option yet.

Thanks.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, two tone green said:

Yes, that would be a good option please. 
Change at ? for ?,?,?

Mine would be straightforward…. “Change at Twyford for all services to” which would be either Paddington or Reading. I would only need two options

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Mine would be straightforward…. “Change at Twyford for all services to” which would be either Paddington or Reading. I would only need two options

I could do with a via option as I have two routes to the same destination via Solva, Newgale & Broadhaven to Haverfordwest or Solva, Brawdy, Roch, Keeston & Pelcomb Cross to Haverfordwest. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Class158 said:

Unsure whether the bit.ly link is supposed to still work, but it doesn't work for me anymore. Is it just me or has it happened to anyone else? Has the link been removed?

Hi

The bit.ly link has probably expired now. Best to go direct to the website pipnbean.com

Phil

I wonder if there is some scope for regional accents? Would say Motherwell or Warmley have had announcements in RP?

That said, at 5.55 in this there is an announcement (you have to listen quite hard) but it does sound quite RP. (For the 1950s) I was half hoping that the announcer would be full on Janner 'alright moi luvver, the train at platform 7...'

Edited by Morello Cherry
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...